It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customizing RTC Task

Sujata Jha (46155) | asked Oct 12 '11, 8:59 p.m.
I would like to customize the RTC Task to better meet our team's requirements. The intention is not to edit the current RTC Task but to create a new one with the following:

1.Have the task pre-filled with a list of approvers( 4 for now).

2.Be able to add mandatory questions either in an existing tab or a new tab.

3. If there are 4 approvers and approval is required from only one approver, to be able to successfully submit a code change(I've figured out how to enforce this in RTC). Is there a way to flip the approval state to "approved" rather than leave it as "pending"?

The RTC version I'm using is 2.0.0.2.

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Dunphy (1645) | answered Dec 18 '12, 9:36 a.m.
Bump -- We need the same thing.   In our case, we need two of seven approvers (big team).  It would save a whole lot of hassle if the set of approvers were somehow automatically populated (as if from a template) instead of each developer needing to keep a post-it with a list of all seven names.

We're on RTC 3.0.1.3.
Thanks - Kevin

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Dec 18 '12, 10:43 a.m.
there is nothing builtin to do this.. you could write a participant and/or a script provider to calculate and set some of these values.

the extensions workshop shows how to do that.
the link takes you to the 3.x workshop reference page, and also includes a link to the 4.x workshop

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.