It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Sending team invitation from web client

Kevin Sorg (111) | asked Oct 12 '11, 9:28 a.m.
Is there a way to send a team invitation to a user for RRC from the web client? If not, do I have to install the RRC client and send from there?

Thanks,
Kevin

2 answers

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered Oct 13 '11, 10:04 a.m.
I am also curious about e-mail sending problem of RRC in 3.0.1.

When I added someone to a project area, I should send a notification e-mail but there's no option. I have an admin user which belongs to ever Jazz group. In QM this user can send e-mail notification but nor in RM.

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Oct 13 '11, 11:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is there a way to send a team invitation to a user for RRC from the web client? If not, do I have to install the RRC client and send from there?

Thanks,
Kevin

Hi Kevin,

In RRC 3.0.1 (web client only), if you want to provide somebody access to an artifact in a project, first you add them to the project and provide them a role like Author or Commenter.

Then, open the RRC web client, locate the artifact and then you can copy the URL to the artifact from the web client browser address, and send it to them via e-mail, or instant messaging. When that person clicks that link it will open an RRC web client at that artifact location. This works for IE 7,8 and Firefox 3.6

If you want to just provide them a link to the project then just the rm URI is needed - https://:/rm/web", for example

https://jazz.net/rm/web

Also you can send a comment to a member of the project. Select an artifact or a paragraph in a requirement, and direct the comment to that project member. Directing a comment, will send an e-mail with a link to the artifact to that project member, if e-mail notification, was setup during the JTS installation.

I hope this helps.

Note: That RRC V3.0.1 does not have the concept of an eclipse workspace, like RTC V3.0.1. Normally a team invitation from RTC is used to create the eclipse workspace.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.