It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Empty list of binary files

Andrew Stevens (1482729) | asked Oct 06 '11, 10:49 a.m.
Hi,

As part of a stream-to-stream merge I'm attempting to accept a change set where an earlier (unaccepted, and unwanted) set includes one of the same files. I'm prompted whether I wish to create a patch, which I do. I'm then presented with a dialog box that says
Select text files
The following files are not configured to be text files and are assumed to be binary. Binary files cannot be included in a patch. Please select those are actually text files so that they may be included in the patch.

However, the list beneath that is empty...
Is this normal, as I'd have expected if there weren't any binary files it wouldn't have bothered to ask? Or could there actually be some binary file in the change that isn't being displayed for some reason? According to Pending Changes, the change set only appears to contain a java source file and the associated work item, and Change Explorer only shows the .java file.

Andy.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.