It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

The search function is not good enough for this forum

Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | asked Oct 03 '11, 2:55 p.m.
Hi

I want to search e.g. any post related to export and import project assets in RTC.

1. I can't just put key words like "export import project" (like in Google) and expect the forum give me what I want. It seems search only on single word, so a search of "export import project" will give you everything has export, everything has import and everything has project. Am I right?

2. I can search a phrase, yes, but normally we don't know the exact phrase other people use.

Anyone can give me some idea on how to make my search more efficient in this forum.

Thanks
Jirong

4 answers

permanent link
David Castellanos (20686) | answered Oct 03 '11, 9:27 p.m.
Hi,

1. Make sure the radio button "Search for all terms" is selected under your search textbox, that should return results for posts containing all keywords.

2. Don't need to search a phrase.

As a tip, I sometimes use google to search the public content on jazz.net (library, forums, blogs) by restricting the search to jazz.net:
'site:jazz.net export import project'

hope this helped.

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | answered Oct 20 '11, 1:57 p.m.
Thanks, but now I realized I can't actually search a phase,e.g. "Build Process" still come out with posts has either Build or Process.

Your Google option is a good idea.

Jirong

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Oct 20 '11, 2:30 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks, but now I realized I can't actually search a phase,e.g. "Build Process" still come out with posts has either Build or Process.

Your Google option is a good idea.

Jirong
You have to search using "build AND process". I think that will get you the results you want.

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | answered Oct 20 '11, 2:32 p.m.
You have to search using "build AND process". I think that will get you the results you want.

That comes out as no result found, which is not true as google can find "site:jazz.net build process" .

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.