It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to move JazzServer to new hardware???

shruti joshi (10013239) | asked Sep 30 '11, 1:49 a.m.
Hi,

I am new to RTC 3.0.1. I want to move JazzServer 3.0.1 to a new Hardware.
Can someone help me in this regard??
Is any doc or any article available over the net, related to "Moving Jazz team Server 3.0.1 on new hardware"???

Thanks
Shruti

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Sep 30 '11, 4:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

there is an article about backing up in the library that should give you some insight. There is also information about backup in the online help.

Basically what you have to do is to install the application on the new hardware, and copy the configuration files over. You have to Install the same way on the new hardware you installed on the old.

The configuration files are the ones that get backed up when installing a patch or left when uninstalling. In 3.0.1 they are at least the *.properties, *.rdf files.
The .properties files contain also the DB connection.

If you use Derby you have to copy the derby database folders over.

Dependent on the Application server you need also to redo the changes to the server.xml. If you use LDAP and Tomcat you have to run the setup for LDAP again and copy the web.xml files over again. If you use the tomcat user list you need to copy tomcat-users over.

For all tools you ave to also copy the index folders over (tee *.properties files in the server/conf and subfolders. Otherwise you have to run the repotools -reindex and recreateTextindex commands to rebuild them.

Please note: you can not change the public URI that means the new Hardware needs to get the host name of the old machine or the logical or virtual host name you used. See: http://jazzpractices.wordpress.com/2011/07/21/you-cant-change-the-public-uri-really-you-cant/

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.