It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to deliver changesets

Peter Kohlmann (1112) | asked Jan 15 '14, 5:31 a.m.
I cannot deliver my change-sets. I end up with the following error message:

Problem

An error occurred during "Deliver".

Delivering changes for component 'csroot' would create conflicts in the stream.  In order to remedy this,
   we need to restructure your change history in such a way that it will produce conflicts in your workspace.

There are neither pending incoming change-sets nor any 'Unresolved'.

My RTC plug-in for eclipse is version 3.0.1.3. Therefore I assume fix #14691 is included in my installation. Server version is 4.0.2.

Any idea what's up here. Is there another fix or a work around?

2 answers

permanent link
Peter Kohlmann (1112) | answered Jan 17 '14, 8:33 a.m.
Upgrading the client side to the same code version as the server side (in my case version 4.0.2) made the issue to disappear. The error message was still the same as before but RTC now displayed new 'Unresolved' in the 'pending changes' view which were even auto-resolvable. After a merge my change sets could be delivered.

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103) | answered Jan 15 '14, 6:32 a.m.
Hi Peter,
Have you checked this article: https://jazz.net/library/article/39 ?
Please let us know if it helps.

Comments
Peter Kohlmann commented Jan 16 '14, 5:45 a.m.

The article discussed the different ways to resolve conflicts that are detected by RTC. I already resolved all detected conflicts. RTC does not display any conflict anymore. Nevertheless, the delivery fails with the previously mentioned error message. My understanding is a delivery is supposed to be possible if all conflicts are resolved.
- The error message recommends to restructure the change history. No idea how this can be achieved. I have 4 change sets in the 'Outgoing' folder, no 'incoming' and no 'unresolved', no conflicts. The 4 change sets depend on each other because they share some files. This was achieved by setting one change set to 'completed' before adding a shared file to the next change set.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.