It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set a mail notification fuction for build fail ?

yong jie pan (1122) | asked Sep 29 '11, 2:51 a.m.
I want to find a way that if build failed, it will send a mail to notify the contributors that have delivered changes since the last successful build.

BYW, I used Eclipse.

thanks

Best Regards
panyj

4 answers

permanent link
Makson Lee (41024241) | answered Sep 29 '11, 3:07 a.m.
Are you using Jazz Team Build to manage your builds? If that the case, you can define email notification in a build definition, check the "Notify users who delivered changes" option, it is what you want.

Regards,
Makson

I want to find a way that if build failed, it will send a mail to notify the contributors that have delivered changes since the last successful build.

BYW, I used Eclipse.

thanks

Best Regards
panyj

permanent link
yong jie pan (1122) | answered Sep 29 '11, 3:37 a.m.
Hi, Makson

Thanks for your reply.

I used Rational Team Concert's build engine to do the build. And I can not find "Notify users who delivered changes" in build definition option?
Is this option valid for RTC?

My RTC info is
Server: Rational Jazz Team Server
Version: 1.0.0.2 iFix 6

Regards
panyj

Are you using Jazz Team Build to manage your builds? If that the case, you can define email notification in a build definition, check the "Notify users who delivered changes" option, it is what you want.

Regards,
Makson

BYW, I used Eclipse.

thanks

Best Regards
panyj

permanent link
Makson Lee (41024241) | answered Sep 29 '11, 4:25 a.m.
I am using RTC 3.0.1, not sure that if version 1.0.0.2 iFix 6 has the same option too.

Regards,
Makson

Hi, Makson

Thanks for your reply.

I used Rational Team Concert's build engine to do the build. And I can not find "Notify users who delivered changes" in build definition option?

My RTC info is

Regards
panyj

Regards,
Makson

BYW, I used Eclipse.

thanks

Best Regards
panyj

permanent link
yong jie pan (1122) | answered Sep 29 '11, 4:33 a.m.
ok, I will get RTC 3.0.1 and try it.

Thanks again!

Regards
panyj

I am using RTC 3.0.1, not sure that if version 1.0.0.2 iFix 6 has the same option too.

Regards,
Makson

Hi, Makson

Thanks for your reply.

My RTC info is

Regards
panyj

Regards,
Makson

BYW, I used Eclipse.

thanks

Best Regards
panyj

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.