It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Process Sharing and the consuming projects

Thomas Loeber (62237950) | asked Sep 12 '11, 11:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In studying the Project Area Process sharing I created a project using the Scrum template (Process Sharing Project). I then created another project (Project A) using the Unconfigured Process Template and set it to share the process from the Process Sharing Project.
I reading the available materials on this topic, I was expecting to be able to do process customization in Project A in the area of work items, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
For instance, I am unable to create new enumerations and attributes. In the process configuration editor for Project A, I see a bold red message "This configuration cannot be customized because this project area uses the process from another project area".
What needs to be done to allow customization in Project A? TI have given my self the proper roles and insured the roles have the auth to save project areas.

4 answers

permanent link
Qiong Feng Huang (76911610) | answered Sep 13 '11, 11:08 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In studying the Project Area Process sharing I created a project using the Scrum template (Process Sharing Project). I then created another project (Project A) using the Unconfigured Process Template and set it to share the process from the Process Sharing Project.
I reading the available materials on this topic, I was expecting to be able to do process customization in Project A in the area of work items, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
For instance, I am unable to create new enumerations and attributes. In the process configuration editor for Project A, I see a bold red message "This configuration cannot be customized because this project area uses the process from another project area".
What needs to be done to allow customization in Project A? TI have given my self the proper roles and insured the roles have the auth to save project areas.

Please make sure the Final checkbox in Process Sharing Project is unchecked for the configuration that you want to customize in consuming project.

permanent link
Parker Dunton (4064) | answered Sep 14 '11, 1:00 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Thomas,

If you did not check the final checkbox, this sounds like it might be a bug. Could you please file a workitem against the Process team and specify what version of RTC you are using?

Parker
Jazz Foundation | Process team

permanent link
Thomas Loeber (62237950) | answered Sep 20 '11, 1:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Thomas,

If you did not check the final checkbox, this sounds like it might be a bug. Could you please file a workitem against the Process team and specify what version of RTC you are using?

Parker
Jazz Foundation | Process team

The Final Checkbox is unchecked in the Master Process Sharing project for the Attributes work item configuration. I would assume that when the new project was created (using the Unconfigured Process) and then changed to consume the process from the Master Sharing Project, that a projecta dmin would be able to change (add, modify, etc..) any attribute. But that is not working. I'm using RTC 3.0 iFix1

permanent link
Parker Dunton (4064) | answered Sep 20 '11, 4:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Thomas,

As I indicated in the workitem you opened, customizing certain types of configuration data, like Work Items, was not possible in process consuming project areas in the Eclipse client prior to version 3.0.1. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.