It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error CRJAZ1639E - Error uploading license

Vincent Techeira (161) | asked Sep 10 '11, 10:34 p.m.
When I try to upload a license I get the following error.

"The hostname of the machine "alexandria.XXXXX.xxx" does not match the hostname of the policy "192.168.4.60"

The problem occurs whether I log from a remote or local machine. When I change the hostname to just be the ip address, then it says the hostname can not be resolved. When can I find/edit the policy??

Barring that is there a command line option to import the license? When I installed RTC 2.x I used the local ip address instead of an FQDN. I didn't run it the problem then.

Please advise and thanks for the help.

3 answers

permanent link
Vincent Techeira (161) | answered Oct 26 '11, 3:42 p.m.
I hate to bump posts, but I'm in the expired window now and need this issue resolved. Has anyone else run into this issue?

permanent link
Vincent Techeira (161) | answered Oct 26 '11, 5:07 p.m.
I'll keep adding to this as I learn more. Necessity is the mother of invention, and apparently the father of determination. Hopefully this can help someone else in the future

From what I can garner from my knowledge and google, apparently the tomcat/RTC certificate has a different CN than my current machine hostname. This is a hypothesis as I've yet to track it down the actual certificate but it's my best guess right now.

permanent link
Vincent Techeira (161) | answered Nov 23 '11, 2:28 p.m.
Alright I got this resolved and hopefully it serves as a guide for everyone else. It reaffirms the danger of a little knowledge. The problem was with the License Key file I was using and not the server itself.

It had nothing to do with the server certificate. "Policy" in the error is the security policy and the server key in the license name. I was essentially using an old license key for a defunct server. I thought I was uploading the standard 10-developer free license. Once I started uploading the correct license file I had no issues.

For those of you who are uploading the right file and are having issues, the problem is the server name in the license file (and certificates) do not match the name of your server. Manually editing the license key won't help because then you'd have hash keys that don't match. Instead you should contact your client Rep and get the license key file regenerated with correct server name.

Comments
Kevin Ramer commented Jul 23 '14, 10:16 a.m.

Here's a question: 

I'm trying to move a test CLM from one machine to another and when I start the application I the the message that is subject of this post.   Unfortunately, I cannot login to the JTS to replace license(s) with something newer.    Anyone have any tips ?

The old host IP I can bind to my nic as an IPV4 alias and make WAS connect there, yet it still uses what apparently comes out of the hostname(1) command rather than figuring out the name of the IP.

Donald Nong commented Jul 23 '14, 10:08 p.m.

Normally the license file is tied to the serial number of the startup hard drive or the MAC address of the NIC on the machine. You can see it in the "SERVER" line in the license file. To migrate the license to another machine, you need to re-generate the license file in the License Key Center.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.