It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Limited Access user Executing Build Problem

Justin Holst (2143) | asked Sep 07 '11, 7:44 p.m.
I can't seem to get a user with limited permissions able to launch a project I have. Here is what I have done:

Created a group that has the following permissions:

Alter Tag Variables on Build Start
Execute Builds
Read Public Reports
Restart Builds
View Build Logs

That group is added into another group that is assigned to the Access field of the project, the project environment, the project selector, both of the in-line projects called by that project, both environments of those in-line projects, the selectors for those projects.

When I log in as that user I can see the projects that I want him to see in the Projects tab and the Jobs tab. I can get to the Build Start page when I choose the project I want him to. The problem is the Execute button is greyed out.

When I try to use the Quick Start icon for the project I get this error:

CRRBF0789I: A valid Class Unique Identifier must be specified.

I'm really running out of things to give him access to. Am I missing something? I tried searching this site for that error, googling that error, looking in Build Forge help and I just can't figure out why he can't kick this project. Any help is appreciated!

2 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Sep 08 '11, 8:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I can't seem to get a user with limited permissions able to launch a project I have. Here is what I have done:

Created a group that has the following permissions:

Alter Tag Variables on Build Start
Execute Builds
Read Public Reports
Restart Builds
View Build Logs

That group is added into another group that is assigned to the Access field of the project, the project environment, the project selector, both of the in-line projects called by that project, both environments of those in-line projects, the selectors for those projects.

When I log in as that user I can see the projects that I want him to see in the Projects tab and the Jobs tab. I can get to the Build Start page when I choose the project I want him to. The problem is the Execute button is greyed out.

When I try to use the Quick Start icon for the project I get this error:

CRRBF0789I: A valid Class Unique Identifier must be specified.

I'm really running out of things to give him access to. Am I missing something? I tried searching this site for that error, googling that error, looking in Build Forge help and I just can't figure out why he can't kick this project. Any help is appreciated!

Hi,

Without seeing the full stack trace, I can't say for sure but the error message suggests that the user doesn't have access to the Build Class that is assigned to the project.

Brent Ulbricht
RTC Build Lead

permanent link
Justin Holst (2143) | answered Sep 08 '11, 12:25 p.m.
Hi,

Without seeing the full stack trace, I can't say for sure but the error message suggests that the user doesn't have access to the Build Class that is assigned to the project.

Brent Ulbricht
RTC Build Lead

OK this worked to make it so that he can use the quick start button. Thanks!

Any idea why the Execute button in the Job Start page would still be greyed out? Is that a separate permission that I am missing?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.