It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to set license for Jetty server

Vibha Sinha (1643610) | asked Jun 26 '08, 10:19 a.m.
Hi,

How do I setup the Jetty server to run inside eclipse with the correct license ?

I tried copying - com.ibm.team.rtc.server.license.standard-ea_0.9.9.jar from my server into the TeamConcert plugins and putting it in the osgi launch for the jetty server, but it gives following exception:

repository.service.internal.license.LicenseService - CRJAZ0942I The license key located at "bundleentry://66/jazz_team_server_standard_early-access.jar" could not be processed. Examine the nested exception for the cause of the failure.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: CRJAZ0965I The file was not a valid server or client access license activation key.
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.LicenseService.addLicense(LicenseService.java:1207)
at com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.LicenseService.addLicense(LicenseService.java:1151)

The reason I need this as follows -
- I have setup my tomcat server to use db2 as the repository
- I have a junit test client to populate the database with some data
- I run the jetty server pointing it to the db2 of the production server and run the junit test case. It seems to put all the data in db2
- When I shutdown the jetty server and start tomcat server, it complains on the license. I cannot access any of my services.

What is the best way to populate data for my component in the database when in production environment ?

Thanks
- Vibha

3 answers

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Jun 30 '08, 9:16 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
From the description of your problem it sounds like you are having a problem with your Tomcat license (not the Jetty setup).

What is the license error when you start the Tomcat server? What edition of Jazz Team Server are you running?

permanent link
Vibha Sinha (1643610) | answered Jul 09 '08, 6:35 a.m.
I am using the following edition of Jazz server:
Rational Jazz Team Server - Standard (Early Access)

My tomcat license seems to be getting messed up anytime I connect to the same via Jetty.

I had written some junit testcases to load some data in the repository. However becuase the testcases plugins were not provisioned on the production server, I connect to the same repository through Jetty server. However, after I load the data and try to restart the tomcat server I get the license error.

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Jul 09 '08, 9:14 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can you include the license error that Tomcat is giving you?

The testcases that create the data can be written as client side testcases. If you take that approach, it would enable testing of the client API for your services along with allowing you to create the test data in a Tomcat server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.