It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

User properties for files and folders

Pavithra Kasturirangan (42955956) | asked Sep 05 '11, 6:43 a.m.
Hi,

I was browsing through the link https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0?p=news#scm

Can someone give me examples on how the user properties on files and folders can be used ?

Regards,
Pavithra

3 answers

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Sep 06 '11, 11:20 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
They are generally used by custom tools to provide extra information about a file or folder. I don't have any specific examples to share.

permanent link
Pavithra Kasturirangan (42955956) | answered Sep 09 '11, 5:27 a.m.
They are generally used by custom tools to provide extra information about a file or folder. I don't have any specific examples to share.

Thanks for your reply, Michael

permanent link
Phillip Piper (15812524) | answered Nov 12 '12, 11:32 p.m.
We want to be able to generate a list of files in our source that have a specific impact by setting a flag in the user properties of a file. However, my understanding is that there is no supported out of the box feature in RTC that leverages this and we'd have to extend RTC to leverage or write another custom tool to interact with the RTC API to check the properties on files.

Is this correct?
Does anybody know if there have been further enhancements to this in RTC 4?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.