It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Help with build property.

Lachlan Hillman (36131) | asked Sep 01 '11, 2:09 a.m.
Hi,

I'm using the Jazz Build Engine to drive our builds from RTC, and we'd like to have separate source directories depending on the workspace that is being extracted from source control. Is there a property (macro) that I can use to specify this in the "Load directory" field in the "Jazz Source Control" tab of the Build Definition?

Note: What I'm trying to do is avoid having the entire source tree extracted every time we request a build. This isn't a problem normally, except when people specify personal builds. The solution, I thought, is to use a different directory depending on the workspace being used. If there's a better way to achieve our goal, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
Lachlan Hillman.

2 answers

permanent link
Philippe Krief (561255) | answered Sep 01 '11, 11:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Actually, you do it the other way around:

In the Properties page of your build definition, you declare a variable, for example "MyLoadDirectory" and for the associated value, you indicate the the "Load Directory your build should target.
Then in the Jazz Source Control page, instead of specifying the path to the Load Directory, you reference the variable you have created using the syntax:
${MyLoadDirectory}

The Build component will replace this reference to your priority with the associated path...
Now if you want to reference a particular build file (build.xml) located under this Load directory you can use this same ${MyLoadDirectory}/project/script/build.xml syntax to reference it...

Does it help?

permanent link
Michael Dwork (4314) | answered Sep 01 '11, 1:21 p.m.
Anyone know why I am getting this error when trying to run a build package?

Rational Team Concert
Version: 3.0.1
Build id: RTC-I20110602-0252

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.fullversion=J2RE 1.5.0 IBM J9 2.3 Windows XP x86-32 j9vmwi3223ifx-20100511 (JIT enabled)
J9VM - 20100509_57823_lHdSMr
JIT - 20091016_1845ifx7_r8
GC - 20091026_AA
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product com.ibm.team.concert.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product com.ibm.team.concert.product

Error
Thu Sep 01 11:08:54 EDT 2011
Error logged from Ant UI:

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Accept timed out
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:457)
at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:473)
at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:444)
at org.eclipse.ant.internal.ui.launchConfigurations.RemoteAntBuildListener$ServerConnection.run(RemoteAntBuildListener.java:95)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.