It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Any support for Eclipse linked resources?

Bill Higgins (4562523) | asked Aug 31 '11, 10:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I inherited some code that uses Eclipse linked resources in order to have part of an Eclipse project's contents come from a different location than the root project.

It seems like we are unable to share linked resources using the RTC Eclipse client and our current configuration - the behavior is that when we try to share the project, they are not marked as outgoing and if we deliver the change, the files disappear from the project. If I share a project and view a linked resource's file properties before delivering, it says that it is:

"Ignored due to: An ancestor folder is a linked resource" (see screencap).

My question is: Is there any way to share Eclipse linked resources with Jazz SCM or is it necessary to restructure the project so the content is actually contained in the Eclipse project folder on the filesystem?

One answer

permanent link
Heather Fraser-Dube (4512) | answered Sep 09 '11, 11:10 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The share will share the files and folders directly under the project being shared. The contents below a link will not be automatically shared because they are in another location. If you want the contents in the other location to be under SCM control, then they will need to be shared separately.

This is the behaviour for both Eclipse resource links and symbolic links.

I tried your scenario and was not able to reproduce the linked items going away. The linked resources information is stored in the ".project" file so I expect that if the .project file has the appropriate entries, the linked resources will be present. You may want to have a look at the file checked in. If you can reliably reproduce the problem you encountered, please create a work item for Source Control with the detailed steps.

I inherited some code that uses Eclipse linked resources in order to have part of an Eclipse project's contents come from a different location than the root project.

It seems like we are unable to share linked resources using the RTC Eclipse client and our current configuration - the behavior is that when we try to share the project, they are not marked as outgoing and if we deliver the change, the files disappear from the project. If I share a project and view a linked resource's file properties before delivering, it says that it is:

"Ignored due to: An ancestor folder is a linked resource" (see screencap).

My question is: Is there any way to share Eclipse linked resources with Jazz SCM or is it necessary to restructure the project so the content is actually contained in the Eclipse project folder on the filesystem?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.