It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RI - RTC 2.0 jobs Compatibility with RTC 3.0 ?

sasanuru kumar (3142319) | asked Aug 30 '11, 9:36 a.m.
Hi All,

As per requirements, whether RI - RTC 2.0 job (default provided by RI) of version 1.0.0.2 is compatible with RTC 3.0 version. If it is no then what kind of changes need to be applicable. Please help from this issue. Thanks in advance

Thanks,
Kumar

One answer

permanent link
wei zhang (2011) | answered Sep 04 '11, 10:58 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Kumar,

Insight official supports RTC 2.x and prevoious build with db mode, and supports RTC 3.x with REST mode.

But I think the db schemas and tables are not changed from RTC 2.x to 3.x. So theoretically, you could directly use RTC 2.x ETL job to extract data from RTC 3.x repository database.

And one must be mentioned, when you upgrade RTC 2.x to RTC 3.x, you must select "data mart" mode, not "shared data warehouse" mode to storage snapshot data. Otherwise, Insight 2.x ETL could not support 3.x data extraction. This configuration could be set in server advanced properties.

Finally, please take attention. This data extraction mode is not Insight official support scenairo for RTC 3.x. So please backup your assets firstly.

Hi All,

As per requirements, whether RI - RTC 2.0 job (default provided by RI) of version 1.0.0.2 is compatible with RTC 3.0 version. If it is no then what kind of changes need to be applicable. Please help from this issue. Thanks in advance

Thanks,
Kumar

Comments
Anagha Gala commented Sep 13 '12, 3:20 a.m.

Hi

Thanks for your answer, I have a related question, I am in same team as Kumar above. We are planning to extract data from multiple RTC instances and we may not have the control over RTC upgrade, to set the setting of snapshot data.

Is it possible to use RI1.0.0.2 to extract data from RTC 3.0 by any other method? I was wondering if there is a way to utilize RI 1.1 ETLs for RTC extraction, on 1.0.0.2 ? and would it create problems when we migrate to RI1.1 eventually ?

thanks Anagha

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.