It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Customization Issue: Inline editor in RTC RQM Integratio

Vinay Kumar AV (17923837) | asked Aug 30 '11, 7:18 a.m.
Hi,

We have a WI customization issue as stated below, request your help on the same as we have already upgraded to RTC 3.0.1 in our production server & these OPAL templates should be deployed very soon.

For our project teams, we have customized & implemented defect workitem type in 2.x.
Now since we upgraded our server to RTC v3.0.1 we re-created the defect template to include all the new features that are available in RTC 3.0.1

To do so when we created a defect workitem type we created a new ID (com.ibm.team.workitem.workitemType.defect) for the same so that the existing ID which could be shared by any other WI type would not get changed. And all required changes were implemented in this new defect workitem type. And to add custom attributes to the Inline editor of RTC Defect Process template to reflect it in RQM Defect WorkItem we have updated the web inline editor presentation.

Now when we try creating a defect from RQM, the RQM doesn't recognize which editor presentation should be chosen and gives the below error in RQM:

"No Inline editor presentation has been defined for this work item. Contact your project administrator."

Can any please suggest us how we can resolve this issue? RTC WI customization issue.

7 answers

permanent link
Claudia Callegari (44439771) | answered Aug 30 '11, 9:33 a.m.
Sorry, but I got confused with your question. Based on my understanding, during the RTC-RQM integration the "lightweight" editor is used (not the "inline").
Even thought, I would double check the following on the process configuration:

- Workitems > types and attributes: double check that the right editors are associated to your work item type.
- Workitems > change management type binding : double check that you have the appropriate defect WI type associated for Defect.

Claudia

From Online Help:
============
The "Lightweight Work Item Creation Dialog" is the editor for quickly creating work items. For example, this editor is displayed when a user creates a work item when delivering a change set and also when a user creates a work item from another integrated application such as RQM.

Comments
Steve Willems commented Oct 26 '12, 11:35 a.m. | edited Oct 26 '12, 11:36 a.m.

I have tried to modify the lightweight editor acoording to the online help, but no success to far to have the changes visualised from within RQM create defect dialog.

Any news on this? i do not have a clue where to update this since I want to add a custom attribute to that view

permanent link
Claudia Callegari (44439771) | answered Aug 30 '11, 10:00 a.m.
Something obvious may be... but double check that your RTC and RQM project areas are integrated (associations have been established).
--Claudia

permanent link
Stephen Grossman (62) | answered Dec 02 '11, 10:20 a.m.
I'm seeing this same behavior with the RTC-DOORS integration when trying to submit a Requirements Change Request from DOORS. The rest of the integration is functioning correctly (I can do other functions of the integration from DOORS that invoke RTC) so I'm pretty sure the integration is otherwise configured correctly. I've tried choosing several different of the default editors like com.ibm.team.workitem.lightweight.editor.section as well as creating a custom editor for the type but the message in the DOORS submit window is always "No inline editor presentation has been defined for this type of work item. Contact your project adminsitrator.", complete with the mis-spelling of administrator. I've also verified that the type binding for RCR is the appropriate Requirements Change Request type.

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Feb 06 '12, 5:00 p.m.
Anyone have any solutions for this situation ? Users of CCM side have altered the presentation mappings of several work item types and now trying to create a CCM defect from QM Test Case gives the message

No inline editor presentation has been defined....

I'm seeing this same behavior with the RTC-DOORS integration when trying to submit a Requirements Change Request from DOORS. The rest of the integration is functioning correctly (I can do other functions of the integration from DOORS that invoke RTC) so I'm pretty sure the integration is otherwise configured correctly. I've tried choosing several different of the default editors like com.ibm.team.workitem.lightweight.editor.section as well as creating a custom editor for the type but the message in the DOORS submit window is always "No inline editor presentation has been defined for this type of work item. Contact your project adminsitrator.", complete with the mis-spelling of administrator. I've also verified that the type binding for RCR is the appropriate Requirements Change Request type.

permanent link
bradley ebert (133) | answered Mar 21 '13, 7:34 p.m.
Same issue here, when the dialog is launched from doors to create a new work item, the available artifacts types do not match my work item types (I am not sure if they are supposed to), but any that I choose I get the error:

"no inline editor presentation has been defined for this type of work item.  Contact your project adminsitrator"  and yes administrator is misspelled in the error message.  I am stumped as to where it is picking this information up from.  I do have one project that seems to work, not sure why, but when I select one of the artifact types (say defect), i do get a very lightweight dialog box and it allows me to choose the work item type there.

The artifact types are shown as defect, plan item, requirements change request and task.  I am not sure if they are referring to work item types or some sort of editor view.

thank you 

permanent link
Stefan Schmelz (471819) | answered Sep 11 '13, 6:47 a.m.
do not use the lightweight editor, but the inline editor to configure WI dialogs from e.g. RQM to RTC.

regards
Stefan

permanent link
Daniel Torres (7610) | answered Jul 08 '15, 12:30 p.m.
 Hi, any of you guys got the solution for that issue? It's happening for me while trying to integrate RQM and ClearQuest with OSLC Links.
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/201151/using-clearquest-as-a-defect-provider-and-as-a-task-manager-to-rqm-using-oslc-links
I'll be so glad to get the solution.

Regards

Daniel

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.