It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Work Item Editor

Rakesh Kukkamalla (5615) | asked Jun 25 '08, 8:16 p.m.
Hi, is it possible to add a tab to the work item editor with a description box? I know we can do it using custom attributes and layouts but is there any way we can do it using plugin extensions?

Thanks.

3 answers

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Jun 26 '08, 3:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The only way to change the editor is the project area configuration. Why would you want to use plugin extensions to add a presentation to the editor?

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Rakesh Kukkamalla (5615) | answered Jun 26 '08, 11:19 a.m.
I am working on a project and my goal is to write a simple review component which can be tied to a work item. I want to add a tab to the work item editor and add a text box to it.

But if its not possible can I use the quick information presentation extention to add a text box to the editor? I tried adding a label but it doesnt work.

Thanks for your reply.

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Jun 30 '08, 3:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The way to add a text box to a work item editor is to add a custom attribute of type string to a work item type category and then add a presentation for that to the editor. This can only be done in the process specification. The quick information can also only be configured in the project configuration.
The extensibility (plugin.xml) of both the editor and the quick information can be used to implement new presentations for a certain attribute, but as far as I understand, this is not what you want to do.
If you implement a component that is independent of work items but should be linked with a work item, you can contribute a link type which has a work item as one endpoint. This links should appear on the work item editor links page and can be configured to show up in the quick information, too. On the wiki at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ProgrammaticLinkCreation there is a section describing how to contribute a link type.

HTH

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.