It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change sets serialized to changeSets.txt, what's this?

Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | asked Aug 29 '11, 11:11 a.m.
Change sets serialized to "C:\Tools\cruisecontrol-bin-2.8.4\projects\junit\changeSets.txt".

Found this inside the above file:
_7Y2tsMBlEeCb3KF6KY12-g
_Q2nuYtJPEeCxl_p-_gfHdQ

The doc say "This change set file can be referenced later by ChangeSetPublisherTask." My question is how can I list the actual changes (list of files changed) in a text file?

Thanks
Jirong

2 answers

permanent link
Brent Ulbricht (2.5k11) | answered Aug 30 '11, 1:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Change sets serialized to "C:\Tools\cruisecontrol-bin-2.8.4\projects\junit\changeSets.txt".

Found this inside the above file:
_7Y2tsMBlEeCb3KF6KY12-g
_Q2nuYtJPEeCxl_p-_gfHdQ

The doc say "This change set file can be referenced later by ChangeSetPublisherTask." My question is how can I list the actual changes (list of files changed) in a text file?

Thanks
Jirong

Hi,

Those are the UUIDs of the change sets. Depending on how you're build script is set, you might be able to use the generateChangeLog task with the 'showFileChanges' attribute set to true.

Brent Ulbricht
RTC Build Lead

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | answered Aug 30 '11, 3:57 p.m.
Hi,

Those are the UUIDs of the change sets. Depending on how you're build script is set, you might be able to use the generateChangeLog task with the 'showFileChanges' attribute set to true.

Brent Ulbricht
RTC Build Lead

Yeah, it works, but can we find our if a file is deleted or modified?

https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=63589#63589

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.