It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 3.0.1 integration with RDz. What version of RDz required

Luis Bazo (6832019) | asked Aug 29 '11, 7:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi guys,

I'm checking https://jazz.net/library/article/632 I don't see anywhere what minimum version of RDz is required.

It is supported RDz 8.0.1. as it was for RTC3.0? Is it recommended to go for 8.0.2?

Thanks!!!

3 answers

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Aug 29 '11, 11:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Luis

I added information to the release notes of 3.0.1. See https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0.1?p=releaseNotes.

As you will see you can use 8.0.1 or 8.0.2. The integration between RDz and RTC will work with either versions.

Guy

permanent link
Maria-Jose Arbulu Barturen (63104) | answered Nov 08 '11, 6:32 a.m.
I want to know if the integration between RTC v 3.0.1 and RDz with EGL is supported. In case the answer is yes, which versions of RDz with EGL are supported (8.0.1, 8.0.2, 8.0.3) for this integration.

Thanks in advance.

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Nov 09 '11, 9:03 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

I'm not sure what the integration is between RDz and EGL is. I know the RDz product and I know the RBD (EGL) product and I know there is a flavor of RDz + EGL but I have never looked at it or played with it.

I also know that EGL stores source inside of Eclipse projects and so I think to a degree the answer is yes. Yes, you can create and store RDz projects inside of the RTC SCM and yes, you can create and store EGL projects inside of the RTC SCM. You can obviously also use RTC's planning and tracking functionality as well since this functionality has nothing to do with the RDz or EGL products.

Now what I don't think you can do is build EGL using the RTC build functionality...at least not using the dependency based build functionality which also means that you can not use the promotion functionality.

Since the integration functionality we have with RDz is for RDz remote and local project it means that you can use RDz + EGL 8.0.1 through to 8.0.3.

I hope that answers your question

Guy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.