It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"backup before replace" baseline

VK L (8177157159) | asked Jul 05 '12, 1:46 a.m.
Hi All,
              I saw in my environment that lot of baselines of name "backup before replace" are created. I tried to reproduce it by changing codes under a baseline, renaming and replacing baselines and was unable to get it. Please let me know what are the scenarios in which this baseline gets created?

Thanks.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 05 '12, 4:37 a.m. | edited Jul 05 '12, 9:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

VK L commented Jul 05 '12, 7:41 a.m. | edited Jul 05 '12, 9:39 a.m.

Hi Ralph,
                I already read this post. But, i couldnt get an idea of what all operations cause this baseline creation. I tried a few scenarios myself - but couldnt reproduce this baseline.

Thanks.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 05 '12, 7:54 a.m. | edited Jul 05 '12, 9:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Valli,

that question I can't answer either.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Jul 05 '12, 9:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If there isn't a baseline that describes the configuration that you're replacing, a baseline called "backup before replace" will be created. You can reproduce this scenario by creating some change sets then replacing with another baseline. If you create a baseline then replace with another, there is no need for the operation to create a baseline.
Geoffrey Clemm selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.