It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

More Info On Customizing Home Pages?

Dan Duce (2534645) | asked Aug 26 '11, 9:30 a.m.
I'd like to customize the RAM home page and Community home pages. For example, I'd like to have custom viewlets, rather than the default ones that show up now.
I don't see anything in the help guides that describe the options available here. Yet, the homeContent.jspf file hints at a lot of possibilities.
Is customizing home pages explained more fully in some other source?

Thanks,

Dan

3 answers

permanent link
Sheehan Anderson (1.2k4) | answered Aug 29 '11, 5:40 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'm not sure that there's additional documentation on this topic. If you're looking to create your own viewlets based on queries and you're using RAM 7.5.0.2, you may wish to write javascript in homeContent.jspf that interacts with the RAM OSLC API. See
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/AssetMgSpecificationV1
http://open-services.net/bin/view/Main/AssetMgQuerySyntaxV1

permanent link
Matt Vestal (5131) | answered Aug 30 '11, 1:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The home page supports any HTML/JavaScript you wish to supply. The default home page does use some internal knowledge of the backing code.

The community home page also only supports the built in viewlets, however you may be able to supply some JavaScript in the Rich Text Editor that shows other information. Your server must be configured to allow JavaScript in the Rich Text Editor; some customers choose to turn this off to prevent Cross Site Scripting (XSS).

So that we may improve the product, what types of viewlets would you like to have on these pages? Asset detail pages support OpenSocial gadgets. Are you familiar with OpenSocial? Would you use gadgets on the home page and community home pages?

permanent link
Pankaj Sharma (123) | answered Apr 12 '13, 7:13 a.m.
I have the same exact question as Dan.  The homeContent.jspf file hints at a lot of possibilities, but there are no examples or explanation.

Dan - Would love to know if you were able to customize the home page as you wanted.  We would like to provide links to customized help files, tutorials etc.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.