It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Java API for executing reports, requesting details on defect

Michael Pauser (122) | asked Aug 20 '11, 5:32 p.m.
In the past, we've used the ClearQuest PERL interface to execute reports and parse the results. As we are looking to move to RTC, I'm looking for a similar interface in Java. Simply interested in being able to execute a saved RTC report, I can then parse the results and, if needed, as for additional details for a defect/task. I've tried to search the jazz.net -- but have not found any examples regarding executing a report using Java. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Laurence Caraccio (9166) | answered Sep 20 '11, 11:49 a.m.
In the past, we've used the ClearQuest PERL interface to execute reports and parse the results. As we are looking to move to RTC, I'm looking for a similar interface in Java. Simply interested in being able to execute a saved RTC report, I can then parse the results and, if needed, as for additional details for a defect/task. I've tried to search the jazz.net -- but have not found any examples regarding executing a report using Java. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks

Not sure exactly what your asking, do you want to be able to get details about a work item by using java? You can get all the values of a work item using the plain java api. If thats the kind of thing your after I can help you with that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.