It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Clarification: Artifact Validation Policy

Kevin Ford (4623) | asked Aug 16 '11, 11:31 a.m.
Seeking clarification on: Artifact Validation

With artifact validation policy, is there a way to search for a pattern or regex, as a filename? I am trying to verify that some spreadsheets have been attached to an asset, they contain scoring from a code review, for example. I might require one or three of these attachments depending on the type of code asset. They might be .xls or they might be .ods (guess I could extend to other types if I need). There also are code review templates for different technologies, like Java, C++, etc.

So I have files like: java_code_review.xls, cpp_code_review.ods, etc.

Here's a mock up of what I'm trying to do:
If asset cat. is SILVER, Asset must contain ONE artifact with filename like
*_code_review_.(xls|ods)
If asset cat. is GOLD, Asset must contain THREE artifacts with filename like
*_code_review_.(xls|ods)

Is there a way to do that?

One answer

permanent link
Gili Mendel (1.8k56) | answered Aug 17 '11, 1:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The extension type for the Artifact validation is a regular pattern. But there is not logic linking between extensions/categories.

Best bet is to create a custom policy yourself ... given that you are only looking at asset information (categories, artifact names) ... it should be quite simple. Start here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ramhelp/v7r5m0/topic/com.ibm.ram.doc/topics/t_use_custompolicy_api.html

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.