It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem Sending Invites to Team Members

Paul Smith (611) | asked Aug 12 '11, 1:41 p.m.
I added members to my team before the RTC administrator enabled email (don't know why it wasn't enabled when installed). So I wanted to send out Invites to my new team members and I got the following error: "This operation is not supported by process" when I try to send the invitation from the project area page from the team member list by right clicking on the team member name.

I've been searching for this message throughout your site and I don't have a clue as to what this means.

My team members are geographically dispersed and I really need this feature to work.

Please help.

Thank you.

3 answers

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Aug 12 '11, 3:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

Have you checked if your user in that project has a process role for which the team configuration permission of "Process --> generate team invitation" is enabled?

- Arne

permanent link
Paul Smith (611) | answered Aug 14 '11, 10:41 a.m.
Hi,

Have you checked if your user in that project has a process role for which the team configuration permission of "Process --> generate team invitation" is enabled?

- Arne

Thank you Arne,

I enabled permissions everywhere I could find them for generation of team invitations for the Team Lead and Team Member roles to no avail. I still get the error when I try to send out the invitation.

Please advise.

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Aug 15 '11, 5:10 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

- Arne

Thank you Arne,

I enabled permissions everywhere I could find them for generation of team invitations for the Team Lead and Team Member roles to no avail. I still get the error when I try to send out the invitation.

Please advise.

You should open a defect against the Process category in the Jazz Foundation project by clicking here. Please include which version of the product you are using, the exact steps you're following, and any relevant details about your setup.

Thanks,
- Jared

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.