It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permission not to archive RQM Projects

Rajah Vedamurthy (1111128) | asked Aug 08 '11, 12:05 p.m.
Hi,

I am trying to set permission for not archiving any projects in RQM.
I tried setting the permission in both project and team permissions, still the user is able to archive the project. User has RQM Floating License assigned.

Please let me know how to set permission to NOT ARCHIVE projects in RQM.

Thanks

10 answers

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Aug 09 '11, 12:32 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You need to disable Project Configuration -> Process -> Save Project Area -> Archive the project area role permission (see http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v2r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_mod_permissions.html).

permanent link
Rajah Vedamurthy (1111128) | answered Aug 09 '11, 1:11 p.m.
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply, I did disable this permission for Everyone and other Roles, except Admin Role, But I am able to log in as Tester or Test Lead role and archive a project.

I cannot upload a screenshot, otherwise I would be able to attach a screenshot with how I have configured.

You need to disable Project Configuration -> Process -> Save Project Area -> Archive the project area role permission (see http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rqmhelp/v2r0/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_mod_permissions.html).

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Aug 09 '11, 1:45 p.m.
Could the user be assigned an admin role? If not, it appears to be a defect. What version of RQM are you using?

permanent link
Rajah Vedamurthy (1111128) | answered Aug 09 '11, 1:54 p.m.
No the user is assigned with RQM Floating license(CAL) and tester as role with the permission in project configuration unchecked in Save Project Area(server).

Version: RQM 2.0.1 IFIX5

Could the user be assigned an admin role? If not, it appears to be a defect. What version of RQM are you using?

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Aug 09 '11, 2:07 p.m.
Looks like a defect since I cannot restrict the action in RQM 2.0.1.1 iFix3.

permanent link
Rajah Vedamurthy (1111128) | answered Aug 09 '11, 2:10 p.m.
So what you are saying is even in RQM 2.0.1.1 IFIX03(Latest Version) you cannot achieve what I am requested, Am I correct. If so please file a defect.

Thanks,

Looks like a defect since I cannot restrict the action in RQM 2.0.1.1 iFix3.

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Aug 10 '11, 8:58 a.m.
After retesting (actually clicking OK when confirming the archive causes the 'Error archiving project area: 'Save Project Area' failed. Permission denied.' error), this is a configuration issue. Here are the steps I followed:

1. Create a new user with JazzUser permissions.
2. Add the user to the project area in a tester role.
3. Disable the archive project permissions for all/testers.
4. Log back into RQM as the user.
5. Attempt to archive the project area (including clicking OK when confirming the archive).

If a user has JazzAdmins or JazzProjectAdmins repository permissions or is an administrator on the project area, they will have administrative override over the process operation.

permanent link
Rajah Vedamurthy (1111128) | answered Aug 10 '11, 9:39 a.m.
Thanks Paul, I was able to not archive with the user. I followed the steps you outlined below. But still my problem is why would we enable Admin icon for these users and then allow them to perform archive action and throw error message, Is there a way I cannot show Admin Icon for these type of users?

After retesting (actually clicking OK when confirming the archive causes the 'Error archiving project area: 'Save Project Area' failed. Permission denied.' error), this is a configuration issue. Here are the steps I followed:

1. Create a new user with JazzUser permissions.
2. Add the user to the project area in a tester role.
3. Disable the archive project permissions for all/testers.
4. Log back into RQM as the user.
5. Attempt to archive the project area (including clicking OK when confirming the archive).

If a user has JazzAdmins or JazzProjectAdmins repository permissions or is an administrator on the project area, they will have administrative override over the process operation.

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Aug 10 '11, 9:42 a.m.
No, but it would be a good usability improvement. Feel free to open a Jazz Foundation work item (https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem).

permanent link
Rajah Vedamurthy (1111128) | answered Aug 10 '11, 9:53 a.m.
Thanks Paul, Filed a defect. 173800 under JFS
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=173800

No, but it would be a good usability improvement. Feel free to open a Jazz Foundation work item (https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.