It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to change the Open in Web client default?

Daniel Reilly (1431520) | asked Aug 03 '11, 3:37 p.m.
When you open a plan in rtc 3.01 and get the Open in Web Client or Open in Eclipse Client option and choose one and click remember, how to do make if forget? i.e. change the default.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Karl Weinert (2.0k52736) | answered Jun 04 '12, 10:16 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Seems worth mentioning that in the 4.0 release this can be set from eclipse->windows->preferences->Planning
Thanks to Filip Wieladek & Guy Slade for pointing that out in another similar question
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/77958/plans-get-open-in-rtc-web-from-client
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

4 other answers

permanent link
Tim Mulligan (22633214) | answered Oct 13 '11, 12:20 p.m.
We have a solution! We located the Eclipse prefs file which contains this preference setting.
1). First you need to determine where your Eclipse workspace is located. Usually it is here:
C:\Documents and Settings\<userid>\workspace301
2). Close your RTC 3.0.1 Eclipse Client
3). Next, navigate to and 'Edit' the following prefs file:
C:\Documents and Settings\<userid>\workspace301\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings\com.ibm.team.apt.ide.ui.prefs
4). Remove (delete) the following line. The value might be 1 or 2 depending on what choice you made:
5). Ensure the following line is present:
ask.planeditor.open.web=always
6). Save the file
7). Restart your RTC 3.0.1 Eclipse Client

Comments
Karl Weinert commented Jun 04 '12, 10:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Step 4 seems to be missing the line to delete. planeditor.open.web=x

permanent link
Alan Yeung (61) | answered Sep 21 '11, 10:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I'd like to know as well.

permanent link
Tim Mulligan (22633214) | answered Oct 12 '11, 2:57 p.m.
Me too. We just upgraded to RTC 3.0.1 last weekend and we already have users asking how to "unremember" their choice for Opening Plans in Eclipse Client or WEB. Does anyone know?

permanent link
Tim Mulligan (22633214) | answered Oct 12 '11, 4:28 p.m.
Me too. We just upgraded to RTC 3.0.1 last weekend and we already have users asking how to "unremember" their choice for Opening Plans in Eclipse Client or WEB. Does anyone know?

I did find that renaming the Eclipse workspace to workspace-old and reinvoking the Eclipse client essentially loses this setting, but I can't determine in which Eclipse config file this setting is being saved (yet).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.