It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rapidy growing JAZZ database

Chris Cawthorne (962819) | asked Aug 02 '11, 12:36 p.m.
RTC V3.0 and DB2 9.5
One of our repositories is growing at an alarming rate and I'm trying to understand what is using up the space. I've examined the sizes of the tables in the JAZZ database and I can see that total size of the REPOSITORY.CONTENT_STORAGE table is increasing by several GB every day so I suspect this is where it is going. How can I identiify what each of these new records is? The records in this table appear to be identified by a UUID - how do I map this UUID onto a recognisable name (eg a user-owned filename)?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 05 '11, 4:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
RTC V3.0 and DB2 9.5
One of our repositories is growing at an alarming rate and I'm trying to understand what is using up the space. I've examined the sizes of the tables in the JAZZ database and I can see that total size of the REPOSITORY.CONTENT_STORAGE table is increasing by several GB every day so I suspect this is where it is going. How can I identiify what each of these new records is? The records in this table appear to be identified by a UUID - how do I map this UUID onto a recognisable name (eg a user-owned filename)?

Chris, I think it is not that easy. You could have a look into the reports of you project area. I believe there are some that show DB sizes.

Otherwise I would like to suggest you create a PMR or a work item for RTC to get development looking into it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.