It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

View childrens of stories after archive/unarchive backlog

Joshua as Admin (1154) | asked Jul 29 '11, 1:50 p.m.
Hi,

I am using the SCRUM template to manage a project in RTC.

I was in the 2nd sprint of my 1st release, and when I entered the correspondent Sprint Backlog I could see the unassigned stories and its tasks as children.

Then, I archived the "Backlog" iteration that appears by default as part of the timeline when you manage a project using the SCRUM template. When I unarchived it, I could not longer see the children (tasks) of any story in my Sprint Backlogs. However, they don't appear as archived, since I can still find them by making a query.

The interesting part is that this only happens inside the Sprint Backlogs that already existed when I archived the Backlog iteration. When I create a new Sprint Backlog, relate stories to it and create tasks for each story, I can see the parent/children relation when entering the Backlog.

What can I do to see a story's children again in the Sprint Backlogs already there when I archived the "Backlog" iteration, even if I unarchived it inmediately?

2 answers

permanent link
Denise Cook (4687) | answered Oct 31 '11, 4:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I was in the 2nd sprint of my 1st release, and when I entered the correspondent Sprint Backlog I could see the unassigned stories and its tasks as children.

Then, I archived the "Backlog" iteration that appears by default as part of the timeline when you manage a project using the SCRUM template. When I unarchived it, I could not longer see the children (tasks) of any story in my Sprint Backlogs. However, they don't appear as archived, since I can still find them by making a query.

The interesting part is that this only happens inside the Sprint Backlogs that already existed when I archived the Backlog iteration. When I create a new Sprint Backlog, relate stories to it and create tasks for each story, I can see the parent/children relation when entering the Backlog.

What can I do to see a story's children again in the Sprint Backlogs already there when I archived the "Backlog" iteration, even if I unarchived it inmediately?

Hi Joshua,

I've moved your topic to the RTC forum so that we can get some help from the process experts. There isn't much information out there about the implications of archiving/ unarchiving a timeline.

permanent link
Sharoon Shetty Kuriyala (55133) | answered Nov 02 '11, 10:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I would like to understand your setup a little more. When you say "unassigned stories and its tasks" do you mean these work items do not have any owner? What iteration is the Sprint Backlog associated with and what iteration are the stories and its tasks Planned for?

I would not expect any impact of archiving and unarchiving iterations on Plans as they do not check for this in any case.

Also what version of RTC are you using and is this on eclipse client or web client.

Thanks,
Sharoon - Planning team

Hi,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.