It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Build fails with error in COBOL compilation RTC V3 in z/os

Jorge Nagasaki (17512217) | asked Jul 27 '11, 8:40 p.m.
I am trying to run a build request of a COBOL program and it fails in the compilation. Looking in the SYSPRINT of the cobol compilatipon returned Looks like the source is in ASCII as the characters looks garbage. I have edited the cobol source in Project explorer it looks fine ( this was loaded from repository). I guess that the source in the repository is kept in ASCII right? Do you know what could be wrong?

One answer

permanent link
Jorge Nagasaki (17512217) | answered Jul 29 '11, 9:30 a.m.
I fixed the problem..
But not sure if this is the correct procedure or something in the installation is wrong ( I have RTC on z/OS platform, and the eclipse client on Linux). Anywy this is the action I took to fix the problem;
In the eclipse client preferences (window->preferences->Team->File Properties) I configured the entry for files to : plain/text Platform
and now I can see that the COBOL source is translated correctly to EBCDIC in mainframe during the builds.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.