It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Message@Me: Can we cutoff end of email addresses?

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Jul 18 '11, 7:19 p.m.
Our group uses LDAP authentication when logging in so everyone uses their xxxx@us.ibm.com ids. It makes the Message@Me functionality less user-friendly when we have to type in @xxxx@us.ibm.com.

Is there a way to configure it so we don't have to add the @us.ibm.com to the end?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Jul 19 '11, 4:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Our group uses LDAP authentication when logging in so everyone uses their xxxx@us.ibm.com ids. It makes the Message@Me functionality less user-friendly when we have to type in @xxxx@us.ibm.com.

Is there a way to configure it so we don't have to add the @us.ibm.com to the end?

You can use the CTRL + Space in Eclipse to pick the user ID.

The @ uses the ID of the user. If the ID is xxx@us.ibm.com you need to type it since the @us.ibm.com is an integral part of the ID schema you chose to use. Actually this ID is not used to send mails to but it is used to look up the the internal e-mail address stored in RTC for that user ID, which could potentially completely different.

permanent link
Michael Walker (99215201157) | answered Jul 19 '11, 2:23 p.m.

You can use the CTRL + Space in Eclipse to pick the user ID.

The @ uses the ID of the user. If the ID is *@us.ibm.com you need to type it since the @us.ibm.com is an integral part of the ID schema you chose to use. Actually this ID is not used to send mails to but it is used to look up the the internal e-mail address stored in RTC for that user ID, which could potentially completely different.

Thanks Ralph,

I saw the Content Assist functionality in Eclipse but unfortunately 95% of our users are on the Web Client only.

I was hoping there was a way to use an Alias or maybe the Name field in the user profile.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.