It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot create tables - "Error querying tablespace size&

Chibuzo Obi (312) | asked Jun 10 '08, 2:22 p.m.
Hello,
I recently installed BETA3 (server and client). However, when attempting to create tables for my DB2 database (using "repotools createTables"), I get the error below (see page bottom).

So I tried doing some investigation from the DB2-side, and discovered that when I execute the createTables option, repotools actually successfully logs into the intended database. So that tells me that it is aware of the DB2 instance and database. Therefore I do not doubt that the utility is able to access the DB2 db.

I also granted the db user full access, but to no avail.

Has anyone run into and resolved a similar problem? If so, please could you advise?

Thanks

=============================================================

C:\jazz\Beta3-Platform\server>repotools createTables
Repo Tools, Version 1.0 Beta 3
Provisioning using "./provision_profiles".
Rational Jazz Team Server - Standard (Early Access)
Loading configuration from "file:teamserver.properties".
Fulltext Index Location: workitemindex\fulltext_index\
Initial database connection successful
Db Product Name: DB2/SUN64
Db Product Version: SQL09010
Db Name/Location: //QSRVER:50000/JAZZCOBI:fullyMaterializeLobData=false;user=
xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;
Creating the tables for the database "//QSRVER:50000/JAZZCOBI:fullyMaterializeLobData=false;user=xxxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxxx;" with indices.
CRJAZ0261I Failed to update DB2 configuration options
CRJAZ0258I Error querying tablespace size

C:\jazz\Beta3-Platform\server>

Comments
Thomas Loeber commented Jun 04 '13, 2:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Was this ever resolved. I too am getting this exact same error with DB2 9.7.6 on AIX 6.1 TL7.  I have made sure the permissions are 775 recursive on the directories containing the databases (JTS, CCM and DW).  Using the jts/setup ui this fails on the JTS database setup create tables.  I have noticed that after it fails one directory NODE0000/JTS/T0000001 has it permissions changed to 711. 

2 answers

permanent link
Greg Hodgkinson (2092119) | answered May 13 '10, 6:26 a.m.
I had a similar problem that I fixed by reinstalling the DB2 database making sure I was logged into Windows as db2admin when I did it.

I had previously installed DB2 logged in as my own user which meant that the permissions were all incorrect.

Comments
Alastair Beadle commented Jun 25 '13, 8:49 a.m.

I know this is an old thread but for reference: this was the solution for me too - uninstall DB2 and reinstall making sure to "run as administrator" on the installer.
Thanks Greg.
I don't have the rights to tick this as a correct answer but I think that may be useful to others if someone else can.
Ali

permanent link
Hari Vetsa (3165) | answered Jun 12 '08, 1:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This problem can occur when the DB2 server running on UNIX style platforms if any directory that is in the path to any database file on server that has permissions that are less permissive than 775.

For example, let us say you have a datfile /db2/db2inst1/jazzdb/contentts.dbf. All the directories /db2, /db2/db2inst1 and /db2/db2inst1/jazzdb must have permissions for the group to modify their contents.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.