It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import lab resource using the excel import tool

Doron Tal (633) | asked Jul 05 '11, 2:57 a.m.
Hi,

I am starting to use RQM V2.01 and would like to set up our lab management by importing lab resource using the excel import tool.

I have the follwoing isues;
1. It seems that some resource definitions are missing from the tool. For exaple a machine has fields like "Location, Manufacturer, Number of CPUs etc" that can be defiend. While it seems that i can not set these fields using the excel import tool. Any idea?

2. i also reviewed the schema xml for labresource and also there it seems that it does not cover all fields for a lab resource. Is that true?

3. I also reviewed the RQM installation samples for importing lab resource and there it does seem that i can set up the above fields but all i have is these example and i do not know how to setup all my desired fields (the examples do not include ip, disk space and other fields that i need). Anyone knows where i can find moe details about how to use this method of importing a lab resource?

2 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Jul 06 '11, 2:27 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The RQM REST API does not support all data that is present in the RQM UI for Lab Resources.
Additionally, the data can be retrieved in one of two formats, using the ?format=simple ?format=tdm query strings.
The simple format is what you'll be using for the excel tool and what most users end up leveraging. The TDM format contains more data and fully featured relationships at the cost of complexity.
Refer to this document on the data available via the REST API for Lab Resources:
https://jazz.net/projects/rational-quality-manager/api-doc-2.0/api-files/schemas/qm_xsd/elements/labresource_4.html

permanent link
Doron Tal (633) | answered Jul 06 '11, 3:35 p.m.
Thx for your reply.

In case i would like to try the TDM option where can i find more documentation about this option?
Can i find similar documentation as the schema for the REST API detailing all the options?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.