It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Registering Jazz Applications >>> Failure

Vincent Lim (4694) | asked Jun 30 '11, 3:13 a.m.
Hi All,

Using CLM 3.0.1 on a single workstation with a single WAS instance but many virtual hosts. I have being able to progress pass the public URI setup.
However, the new road block is registering the RM, CCM and QM apps.

This is the error in the setup wizard at Step 5 : Registering Applications
An error occurred while attempting to access the Application About service listed in the Discovery document for this application. Please ensure that the application has been installed and provisioned correctly.ID CRJAZ2080E
hide details
Connection to https://jtsserver.jazz.local:9446 refused
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException
com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.discovery.FriendsAdminRestService.executeHttpRequest(FriendsAdminRestService.java:785)

I check if rrcserver.jazz.local is reachable via telnet. It is not, so it looks like the service is not up. Running netstat shows nothing listening at ports 9444 - 9446. However, checking WAS admin console shows that the apps are deployed and started.
" 00000009 Application Mg A WSVR0221I: Application started: rm_war"

In the system.out of the appserver profile logs, there are warnings:
" 00000009 webapp W com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp initializeStaticFileHandler SRVE0278E: Error while adding servlet mapping --> /*."
" 00000009 webcontainer I com.ibm.ws.wswebcontainer.VirtualHost addWebApplication SRVE0250I: Web Module null has been bound to rrcserver.jazz.local."

What's the significance of the warning as the webapp is started?

I then perform a stop and start of the WAS server again. I am able to login and admin the Jazz server except that server status summary reports
"Unsupported Java virtual machine. Please upgrade to the latest version.ID CRJAZ1382Ehide details"

Does this have any implications on the registering of applications?

2 answers

permanent link
Tan Nguyen (761) | answered Jun 30 '11, 2:30 p.m.
You have to resolve the "Unsupported Java virtual machine" as I mentioned in the other thread....

You probably need to upgrade the Java SDK for Websphere.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&uid=swg21138332
Also, make sure that you are on the required fixpack for Websphere (7.0 Fixpack 9 or higher, 6.1 Fixpack 27 or higher)

permanent link
Vincent Lim (4694) | answered Jul 04 '11, 2:52 a.m.
You have to resolve the "Unsupported Java virtual machine" as I mentioned in the other thread....

You probably need to upgrade the Java SDK for Websphere.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&uid=swg21138332
Also, make sure that you are on the required fixpack for Websphere (7.0 Fixpack 9 or higher, 6.1 Fixpack 27 or higher)

Found the problem.

Due to my misunderstanding of the deployment model for CLM 3.0.1, the configuration of the WAS server was incorrect. For a single machine solution to work, I had to create one WAS instance for each CLM app.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.