It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

work item presentation question 3.0 Ifix 1

Joel Loewenstein (311) | asked Jun 17 '11, 7:37 a.m.
i read serveral topics and articled in regards to work items and custom fields. to have custom fields in the web ui you have to define new presentations for that.

i read for example:

Work Item Customization in Rational Team Concert 3.0
https://jazz.net/library/article/565

Work Item Customization in Rational Team Concert
https://jazz.net/library/article/129

Work Item Editor Presentations
https://jazz.net/library/article/130

i read currently there are only built in layouts for custom presentation tabs in the web ui.

article 130 explained what layout designs are available and how they are structured.

i found that using those layouts for a custom tab the web ui did not behave as expected and explained in the article.

is anyone aware of this?

for example i never succeded using a custom attribute layout to get the left and right slot showing custom attributes. it was only one row used to show them below each other. depending on the choosen slot, the attributes presentation differed completely for example showing the label automatically in the left slot while showing it not on the right one, even when labelVisible=false was set.

does anyone have experience with this? i did not find further information.
is this a bug?

thanks for your attention

7 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 21 '11, 4:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
i read serveral topics and articled in regards to work items and custom fields. to have custom fields in the web ui you have to define new presentations for that.

i read for example:

i read currently there are only built in layouts for custom presentation tabs in the web ui.

article 130 explained what layout designs are available and how they are structured.

i found that using those layouts for a custom tab the web ui did not behave as expected and explained in the article.

is anyone aware of this?

for example i never succeded using a custom attribute layout to get the left and right slot showing custom attributes. it was only one row used to show them below each other. depending on the choosen slot, the attributes presentation differed completely for example showing the label automatically in the left slot while showing it not on the right one, even when labelVisible=false was set.

is this a bug?

Hi Joel,

I have seen customizations of various kinds. So in general the customization works. Can you be more specific on what you try.

You could also create a work item if you think there s a defect.

permanent link
Joel Loewenstein (311) | answered Jun 22 '11, 4:56 a.m.

i read for example:

is anyone aware of this?

is this a bug?

Hi Joel,

I have seen customizations of various kinds. So in general the customization works. Can you be more specific on what you try.

You could also create a work item if you think there s a defect.

Hello,

for example using the custom attributes layout i cannot get left and right slots as described in the jaz article. its always below each other. small wide has no impact. attributes presentation label true / false hoas no impact in left slot. same presentation acts differently moved from left to right slot.

Thanks.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 22 '11, 6:23 a.m.

Hello,

for example using the custom attributes layout i cannot get left and right slots as described in the jaz article. its always below each other. small wide has no impact. attributes presentation label true / false hoas no impact in left slot. same presentation acts differently moved from left to right slot.

Thanks.

Hi,

the Left Right works only in the Eclipse UI. You will get the sections right first above each other in the web UI.

In Eclipse the custom has a 30%/70% distribution. All looks fine, except in the Eclipse UI read only didn't seem to work for me in my quick test.

permanent link
Joel Loewenstein (311) | answered Jul 21 '11, 1:43 p.m.
hi, i had to put everything into the left, which is not nice for eclipse view, because the detailed behaviour would change when using the right slot for the web ui.

just take a bit more complex section you created in the left and move it to the right. details of attribute presentation attributes seem to change

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jul 22 '11, 2:36 a.m.
hi, i had to put everything into the left, which is not nice for eclipse view, because the detailed behaviour would change when using the right slot for the web ui.

just take a bit more complex section you created in the left and move it to the right. details of attribute presentation attributes seem to change

Could you please create a work item?

permanent link
Gerry Cullen (4651) | answered Dec 07 '11, 2:39 p.m.
I just ran into this problem in a project where we're trying to convert our 40k customized ClearQuest records over to customized RTC records that look similar to the ClearQuest record.

I have a collection of custom attributes that are declared as enumerations that display as dropdown lists. I placed these attributes in a section on a tab which also includes a few other sections. Since the length of the enumerations in the first two sections were small, I defined the first section as "layout slot: Left" and the second section is defined as "layout slot: Right" in the Editor Presentation.

In the thick client (v3.0), the enumerations in both sections worked and displayed as expected.

In the WebUI (using FF v3.6.24), the section configured as "Left" worked fine. However, the section configured as "Right" displayed below the section configured as "Left", as though the request for the section to be "Right" was simply being ignored. Even worse, no values would ever be displayed for the attributes in the section configured as "Right". Not the values assigned to the fields. Not the values in the dropdown lists. Nothing. The fields were completely broken in the WebUI.

Changing all the sections to "layout slot: Left" fixed this problem, but will result in our customized screen becoming much longer than they need to be.

permanent link
Jim Tykal (166116) | answered Feb 02 '12, 5:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Similar experience here:
I had a situation where some enumeration attributes did not display a current value or any choices in the drop down list. This occurred only on the web client, and the problem was intermittent: sometimes the fields would be populated, sometimes they would be blank.
In this case, the attributes were assigned to a section in the "Discussion" layout slot. Moving the section to the "Details" layout slot solved the problem. Make sure you check the presentation in all clients after making any changes.

I just ran into this problem in a project where we're trying to convert our 40k customized ClearQuest records over to customized RTC records that look similar to the ClearQuest record.

I have a collection of custom attributes that are declared as enumerations that display as dropdown lists. I placed these attributes in a section on a tab which also includes a few other sections. Since the length of the enumerations in the first two sections were small, I defined the first section as "layout slot: Left" and the second section is defined as "layout slot: Right" in the Editor Presentation.

In the thick client (v3.0), the enumerations in both sections worked and displayed as expected.

In the WebUI (using FF v3.6.24), the section configured as "Left" worked fine. However, the section configured as "Right" displayed below the section configured as "Left", as though the request for the section to be "Right" was simply being ignored. Even worse, no values would ever be displayed for the attributes in the section configured as "Right". Not the values assigned to the fields. Not the values in the dropdown lists. Nothing. The fields were completely broken in the WebUI.

Changing all the sections to "layout slot: Left" fixed this problem, but will result in our customized screen becoming much longer than they need to be.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.