It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Integrating RTC 3.0 with RAD 7.5.x

Abdul Quddus (835) | asked Jun 17 '11, 7:19 a.m.
Hello,

Can anyone explain if there is any way to plug RTC 3.0 client with RAD 7.5?, is there any current or future update which can make it possible?

I have looked into few related topics but it seems that RAD 7.5 is based on eclipse version 3.5.0 and RTC looks for later version (3.5.2 +).

Also the p2Install not seems possible as unlike other eclipse clients, the option suggested in P2Install does not exist in RAD 7.5, it has IM option instead (which launch IM)

Please let me know if anyone has done it, or suggest a possible solution

Regards,
-AQ

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 17 '11, 10:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Can anyone explain if there is any way to plug RTC 3.0 client with RAD 7.5?, is there any current or future update which can make it possible?

I have looked into few related topics but it seems that RAD 7.5 is based on eclipse version 3.5.0 and RTC looks for later version (3.5.2 +).

Also the p2Install not seems possible as unlike other eclipse clients, the option suggested in P2Install does not exist in RAD 7.5, it has IM option instead (which launch IM)

Please let me know if anyone has done it, or suggest a possible solution

Regards,
-AQ

Hi Abdul,

the Rad 7.5 Eclipse version prevents from installing RTC 3.x into it. This will not change unless you move to RAD 8.x. (See https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15639&highlight=rad)

You could use RTC with it in a side by side manner, do SCM, WI's, planning with RTC and importing the projects into RAD. After working with RAD you would have to refresh the Navigator in RTC. RTC would recognize the changes and you could check in.
Abdul Quddus selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.