It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Discussion field in plan views

Keith Attenborough (1368) | asked Jun 14 '11, 9:18 p.m.
Couple of quick questions:

1) In the Discussion field, is it possible for comments to sort with the newest at the top? We're looking ot use this field to provide high-level initiative status for use at our review meetings.

2) Second, is it possible to surface the latest comment, or top of the discussion field in a project plan view?

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 15 '11, 5:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

1) In the Discussion field, is it possible for comments to sort with the newest at the top? We're looking ot use this field to provide high-level initiative status for use at our review meetings.

2) Second, is it possible to surface the latest comment, or top of the discussion field in a project plan view?

1) I don't believe that is possible today.

2) The only way I found you could access the discussion directly in plan view is use the inline edit action.

permanent link
Keith Attenborough (1368) | answered Jun 15 '11, 7:52 a.m.
Thanks - that's what I've found as well - oh well...

Team will put most current status at top of "Description" field, then use the rich client and hover over work item number to bring up summary box. Will then F2 if need more info. It's not pretty, but will get the job done.

1) I don't believe that is possible today.

2) The only way I found you could access the discussion directly in plan view is use the inline edit action.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jun 15 '11, 8:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks - that's what I've found as well - oh well...

Team will put most current status at top of "Description" field, then use the rich client and hover over work item number to bring up summary box. Will then F2 if need more info. It's not pretty, but will get the job done.

Keith,

can you elaborate what you try to do and why? Maybe there are other ways to do it or someone comes with a solution. I briefly thought about having a "derived" attribute that calculates the last comment. Not sure that is possible even. I am also wondering, if you try to use the comment field for something it was not intended to be used for.

Other than that, please consider to create a work item. If there is a good reason.... Please write down what you want to achieve there too vs. how to achieve it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.