It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

3.0.1 rc3 to 3.0.1 - not an upgrade

Keith Mantell (4612317) | asked Jun 14 '11, 3:34 p.m.
Hi,

I understand the upgrade issues from 3.0 and earlier, but is moving from a release candidate of 3.0.1 not supported as an upgrade in Installation Manager?

Cheers,
Keith

4 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jun 14 '11, 4:42 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I understand the upgrade issues from 3.0 and earlier, but is moving from a release candidate of 3.0.1 not supported as an upgrade in Installation Manager?

Cheers,
Keith

Hi Keith

I have not seen anything mentioned about 3.0.1 RC3 to 3.0.1 - but did find this note for a beta 3 to 3.0.1 upgrade

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/3.0.1?p=releaseNotes

You need to do addTables.

anthony

permanent link
Adrian Cho (8213322) | answered Jun 15 '11, 2:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RC3 to GA should be pretty straightforward with no DB operations required. Note that with 3.0.1 (and any of the milestones), we no longer support IM update in place for updating the actual bits. If you try this you'll get notified that we recommend a side-by-side install so it's easier to switch over and rollback in case of a problem.

permanent link
Esmael Beydoun (31) | answered Jun 15 '11, 3:01 p.m.
So, if we have RTC 3.0 and want to upgrade to RTC 3.0.1, do we not use the IM vs 1.4.3 ?

permanent link
Jason Burton (11) | answered Jun 16 '11, 9:54 a.m.
RC3 to GA should be pretty straightforward with no DB operations required. Note that with 3.0.1 (and any of the milestones), we no longer support IM update in place for updating the actual bits. If you try this you'll get notified that we recommend a side-by-side install so it's easier to switch over and rollback in case of a problem.

Can you tell us how to do it straightforwardly without using IM? I have not been having much luck trying to migrate the derby data with a side-by-side install (rm being a major issue).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.