It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Trouble installing plugin to RTC server

Kinny Kun (5183) | asked Jun 13 '11, 7:29 p.m.
closed Jun 24 '15, 6:36 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646)
Hi,

I'm using RTC 3.0.1 server and Eclipse client. We defined a new link type for workitem using extension point com.ibm.team.repository.common.linkTypes and we created an update site for our plugin. I can install the plugin into RTC Eclipse client and I can see my link type in the Links tab of the work item after I created the link from the Eclipse client. However, when I tried to query work items using my link type as condition from the Eclipse client, no result came back.

From what I have read, I will need to contribute the link type to the RTC server as well. So I added our update site to the RTC server in .\server\conf\ccm\sites.Then I created an ini file that points to my update site in the .\server\conf\ccm\provision_profiles. Then I restart my RTC server.

After that, my query still didn't work. Any idea what I did wrong? Or am I missing any additional steps?
Also how am I verify the link type is accessible in the RTC server?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks alot. Thanks.

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by rschoon Jun 24 '15, 6:36 a.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jun 14 '11, 9:19 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Just restarting the server doesn't cause it to notice that there is a new update site. You need to request re-provisioning. You can do this by entering the URL "https://your-server:9443/ccm/admin/cmd/requestReset" in a browser; you should get back a message about the server being reset and that it will reload from the update site when it is restarted. Then restart the server.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer