It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unauthorized error after logging into Jazz Admin UI

Vibha Sinha (1643610) | asked Jun 24 '08, 9:53 a.m.
Hi,

I am using Jazz Server 6RC4 in the following configuration -
- Tomcat is used for basic user authentication
- DB2 as the database

I have disabled the Admin user. I log into the web admin UI successfully, but when I try to get server status, component status or do anything - I get an error which say "error fetching server status" or "You are not authorized" in a purple box. I am unable to access any of the installed services.

It seems like I am being authenticated by tomcat successfully, but the problem is in authentication with the database.

I was developing a component for extending Jazz and had done repotools -createTables on the main repository. Could this have wiped out all user setting also ? How can I fix the situation ?

Would really appreciate help.

Thanks
- Vibha

4 answers

permanent link
Matthew Jarvis (2411) | answered Jun 24 '08, 10:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This sounds like a problem with authorization rather than authentication. Make sure that the user you are logging in as belongs to the "JazzUsers" group to access the standard Web UI. The user will need to belong to the JazzAdmins group to access the Admin Web UI.

If you are using the default tomcat-users.xml user directory, you can edit this file directly to add users to groups. (If you have a working admin account, you can add groups through the User Management section of the Admin Web UI).

If you are using an LDAP user directory, make sure you have configured the appropriate group mappings and make sure that your user belongs to either the JazzUsers or JazzAdmins groups.

Matt Jarvis
Jazz Developer - Web UI

permanent link
Vibha Sinha (1643610) | answered Jun 25 '08, 2:41 a.m.
I am using default tomcat-user.xml and the permissions seem to be correct -

<user>

Still when I try to login into as ADMIN and do anything I get the following error (for example when trying to add a user through Web ADMIN UI):

Error fetching user registry information. Please check your user registry configuration.

Unauthorized

permanent link
Richard Backhouse (6661) | answered Jun 25 '08, 5:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you ran repotools -createTables without first doing an export then
the authorization data will have been lost. You should have got a
warning telling you that the tables would be dropped when you ran it :

WARNING: About to drop and recreate the tables for the database
"repositoryDB".
Do you wish to continue? Enter Y to confirm.

Alternatively if you are trying to add new components then it will
probably be easier to use repotools -addTables. This will not drop the
tables.

Richard
Jazz Server and Web UI Development

vssinha wrote:
I am using default tomcat-user.xml and the permissions seem to be
correct -

user

Still when I try to login into as ADMIN and do anything I get the
following error (for example when trying to add a user through Web
ADMIN UI):

Error fetching user registry information. Please check your user
registry configuration.

Unauthorized

permanent link
Vibha Sinha (1643610) | answered Jun 25 '08, 8:29 a.m.
Thanks, Richard. This was the problem and I salved my server by re-enabling the ADMIN user and recreating the users.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.