It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Compile Errors with JKE Banking jke.dev.vs Build

Gary Mullen-Schultz (28725536) | asked Jun 09 '11, 12:49 p.m.
I get the following errors when I build using jke.dev.vs. I've tried everything I can think of, which is somewhat limited as I'm not much of a Visual Studio guy. I set the properties in the build definition, and think they're all OK. I tried changing from .NET 3.5 to 4.0 for some of the associated projects, with no luck. Mucked around with adding references based on info I found via Google, but get same errors.

Everything builds fine inside VS2010, just not outside in the Jazz build environment.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Gary

IJKEServiceTests.cs(14,17): The type or namespace name 'VisualStudio' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
IJKEServiceTests.cs(28,17): The type or namespace name 'TestContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
IJKEServiceTests.cs(34,16): The type or namespace name 'TestContext' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
IJKEServiceTests.cs(79,10): The type or namespace name 'TestMethod' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
IJKEServiceTests.cs(79,10): The type or namespace name 'TestMethodAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
IJKEServiceTests.cs(95,10): The type or namespace name 'TestMethod' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
IJKEServiceTests.cs(95,10): The type or namespace name 'TestMethodAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
IJKEServiceTests.cs(112,10): The type or namespace name 'TestMethod' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
IJKEServiceTests.cs(112,10): The type or namespace name 'TestMethodAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
IJKEServiceTests.cs(127,10): The type or namespace name 'TestMethod' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
IJKEServiceTests.cs(127,10): The type or namespace name 'TestMethodAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
IJKEServiceTests.cs(155,10): The type or namespace name 'TestMethod' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
IJKEServiceTests.cs(155,10): The type or namespace name 'TestMethodAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
IJKEServiceTests.cs(199,10): The type or namespace name 'TestMethod' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
IJKEServiceTests.cs(199,10): The type or namespace name 'TestMethodAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
IJKEServiceTests.cs(25,6): The type or namespace name 'TestClass' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
IJKEServiceTests.cs(25,6): The type or namespace name 'TestClassAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

5 answers

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jun 17 '11, 5:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Gary,

I am having the exact same issues, both in CLM Beta 3 and now with the GA 3.0.1 version.
Using MS VS 2010 Premium, freshly installed with .NET 4.0 Framework. I changed all the paths etc. in the brm.continuous.vs.1 build definition and the jke.dev.vs.1 build definition.
At one point I switched the properties of all except the JKE Testing project in the solution to .NET 4.0 and told the build definition to use the path to the .NET 4.0 framework. As a result, the JKE Testing and some other projects built, but others did not.

I will ask the jazz team and post the solution we find.

permanent link
Krishna Kishore (50112) | answered Jun 21 '11, 2:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
May be its the problem with the paths. Have you tried running the JBE process from the VS2010 command prompt. First open the VS2010 Command prompt(Start Menu->Programs->MS VS2010->VS Tools->VS2010 Command Prompt) and in the command window run the jpe command.

Meanwhile, I will also try to reproduce this issue.

Hi Gary,

I am having the exact same issues, both in CLM Beta 3 and now with the GA 3.0.1 version.
Using MS VS 2010 Premium, freshly installed with .NET 4.0 Framework. I changed all the paths etc. in the brm.continuous.vs.1 build definition and the jke.dev.vs.1 build definition.
At one point I switched the properties of all except the JKE Testing project in the solution to .NET 4.0 and told the build definition to use the path to the .NET 4.0 framework. As a result, the JKE Testing and some other projects built, but others did not.

permanent link
Krishna Kishore (50112) | answered Jun 21 '11, 4:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think the problem is with the properties MSBuildPath and MSTestPath defined in the build definition, by default they point to .NET 3.5 and mstest from VS2008 location. So on a machine which has only VS2010 and .NET 4.0 the compilation fails. Correcting these values to
MSBuildPath: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319
MSTestPath: c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\MSTest.exe

solves the problem.

May be its the problem with the paths. Have you tried running the JBE process from the VS2010 command prompt. First open the VS2010 Command prompt(Start Menu->Programs->MS VS2010->VS Tools->VS2010 Command Prompt) and in the command window run the jpe command.

Hi Gary,

permanent link
Krishna Kishore (50112) | answered Jun 21 '11, 5:07 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Similar problem posted in MSDN forums http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/msbuild/thread/971c20b4-222f-47a3-955c-c5b3173e601f

I think the problem is with the properties MSBuildPath and MSTestPath defined in the build definition, by default they point to .NET 3.5 and mstest from VS2008 location. So on a machine which has only VS2010 and .NET 4.0 the compilation fails. Correcting these values to
MSBuildPath: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319
MSTestPath: c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\MSTest.exe

solves the problem.

Hi Gary,

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Jun 22 '11, 3:37 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kishore,

great, thx. Worked for me to update the MSBuild path to .NET 4.0 Framework. I had set it to .NET 3.5 and updated the mstest.

Now I only need to find out how to compile and start the MoneyThatMatters server so that the unit tests actually don't fail ...

Best,
Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.