It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Exporting content to newly synchronized attributes

Dong Lieu (5632) | asked Jun 07 '11, 3:09 p.m.
Hi,
I updated my workitem to include rich text (wiki)style in my description field. I used the trick of selecting all the workitems of this updated workitem type and did a synchronize attributes.

The problem is that the content in the old plain text style of the description field is now missing in the wiki style field. If I switch back to plain text style the content reappears.

So is there a way to keep the content after the synchronization or is this a bug?
Thanks,

One answer

permanent link
Dong Lieu (5632) | answered Jun 13 '11, 9:50 a.m.
Hi,
I updated my workitem to include rich text (wiki)style in my description field. I used the trick of selecting all the workitems of this updated workitem type and did a synchronize attributes.

The problem is that the content in the old plain text style of the description field is now missing in the wiki style field. If I switch back to plain text style the content reappears.

So is there a way to keep the content after the synchronization or is this a bug?
Thanks,

I believe the problem is that it is 2 different styles so it basically replaced the description field with the wikistyle description field.
So now my question is, how do I effectively replace the plain text field with wiki and preserve the content? I can't seem to add the wiki "kind" to the workitem.default attribute...

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.