It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Having trouble mapping / importing CQ Audit Trail to RTC

Gerry Cullen (4651) | asked Jun 02 '11, 3:48 p.m.
I had this working at one point, but seem to have broken it and can't figure out how to get it working again. I'm using RTC v3.0 iFix1.

I've been using this link to determine how to map the CQ audit trail:
Guide to migrating defects from Rational ClearQuest to Rational Team Concert 2.0

In CQ, I'm including the at_field_history.audit_trail_text in the query results. I can see the data is getting included in the exported *.xml records in the *.zip file being created with the RTC CQ Importer. The audit trail data looks something like this:

<at_field_history.audit_trail_text>====START====
Time : 2007-04-02 05:42:36 -07:00
Schema Rev : 3
User Name : Joe Smith
User Login : jsmith@example.com
User Groups :
Action : Modify
State : Fixed
==Fields==
CompOwner (19:19)
Old : bsmith@example.com
New : bsmith@example.com
Note_Entry (0:47)
Accept status as dup of ec123456 and closing.

====END====
====START====
====END====
</at_field_history.audit_trail_text>

I have the following entry in my mapping file:

<attribute sourceId="at_field_history.audit_trail_text" targetId="com.ibm.rational.audithistoryHTML"/>

In Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Items > Types and Attributes, I defined a custom attribute:

Name: Audit History
ID: com.ibm.rational.audithistoryHTML
Type: Large HTML

In Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Items > Editor Presentations, I added the new attribute to a section on an existing tab:

Attribute-based Presentation:
- Attribute: Audit History
- Kind: Description
Label (optional): Audit Trail
Description (optional): Audit Trail imported from ClearQuest
ID (optional):

When I import the *.zip file that was exported from CQ, the field shows up on the tab as "Audit Trail", but no data shows up in it. If I add com.ibm.rational.audithistoryHTML to the optional ID field in the Editor Presentation, it still does not work.

Any suggestions? I know what I'm trying to do will work, as it was working at one point. I just can't seem to figure out how to get it working again.

2 answers

permanent link
Matthew Alexander (18126) | answered Jun 03 '11, 12:18 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Gerry,

I followed the example you provided and was able to import the CQ Audit Trail field to RTC (I'm using 3.0.1).

Since your zip file contains the correct data and your mapping field looks correct, I'm wondering if the data is being imported but there is a problem with your display. Could you create a query that returns records with the Audit History fields? I'm not sure if this is the best way to do it, but I created a new query, clicked the "Add Conditions..." button, checked the "Show custom" check box from the pop-up dialog, selected my Audit History attribute, and clicked the OK button. Next, I clicked the "Add Conditions..." button, selected Full Text, and clicked the OK button. I set the Full Text field to something that appears in my Audit History (====START====). Running this query returned the correct records.

I'm not sure which tab you displayed the field on, but I placed mine under Overview > Details and right between the Tags field and the Separator. The field shows up as a single line, but I could scroll to see the value. Here are the settings I used when I added the attribute:

Attribute-based Presentation
- Attribute: Audit History
- Kind: Description
Label (optional): Audit Trail
Description (optional): Audit Trail imported from CQ
ID (optional):
Read Only: False
Show Label: True
Hide if Empty: (unchecked)
Hide on Creation: (unchecked)
Hide in Workflow States:
Hide if no Links Exist: <Unconfigured>
Hide if no Association Exists: <Unconfigured>

Let me know if this helps, or if we need to compare environments some more.

permanent link
Gerry Cullen (4651) | answered Jun 03 '11, 5:48 p.m.
Matthew,

Thanks for your response. I was playing around with this some more, based on your input. What I ended up discovering was that the "Read-only" check box in the Edit Custom Attributes dialog box must mean "don't let me import data into this field" as opposed to "don't let users modify this field while it's being displayed", as that's the way it seems to behave. I remember checking this flag last week after I got the Audit History data to display correctly, as I didn't want users to modify it. Then came the long weekend and I forgot all about doing that. Once I unchecked the Read-only field in the attribute, the import started working fine again.

Apparently, to make the display read-only, what I really needed to do was to go to Editor Presentations and set Read-Only to "True" there instead of "Inherit from Attribute" with the attribute being Read-only.

Thanks for your help!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.