It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

load files by search

Yehiel Glass (25538986) | asked May 25 '11, 5:48 a.m.
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to load files from component to workspace by search. (I don't want to load all the component and also don't want to change the files architecture)

Thanks,
Yehiel

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 26 '11, 3:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Yehiel,

I am not aware of such a capability. You can use component load rules as well as the selection dialog in the workspace load dialog to narrow down the files to load. I suppose you could also do something similar using scripting and the scm command-line, not sure though.

You can also search for change sets, open them in the change explorer and load individual files to disc.

You might want to create a work item for this here if this does not meet what you desire: http://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational Team Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem.

Thanks,

Ralph

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to load files from component to workspace by search. (I don't want to load all the component and also don't want to change the files architecture)

Thanks,
Yehiel

permanent link
Moti Nisenson (2124) | answered May 31 '11, 10:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Yehiel,

I'm not quite sure if this is what you had in mind but you could try out Context-Aware Search if you have a Developer for IBM Enterprise Platforms Client Access License. That would allow you to search in source code remotely and then open the search results in your RTC client without needing to load the component.

Regards,
Moti

Hi,

Thanks,
Yehiel

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.