It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to download remote asset xxx.testsuite into local wor

Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | asked May 18 '11, 3:36 p.m.
I am using RPT-RQM integration/adaptor to run RPT schedule from within a TER in RQM. It was working on fine in my own all-in-one laptop. But I got the following error at the client side:

Unable to download remote asset xxx.testsuite into local workspace.
Launch was aborted: Error executing scirpt. Reason:Unable to import remote project into Adapter workspace: java.io.IOExceptin. The project in the shared location may have been improperly configured in RQM.

1. I have my RPT on my local workstation, from where I use Firefox to access RQM.
2. RQM server is in another domain, DEV.
3. The shared location is on RQM server, same DEV domain. I have to key in login/password to access that from Windows Explorer. I copied the whole RPT workspace into the shared location.
4. I setup RPT test scripts in RQM to point to RPT schedules.

My RQM is 2.0.1 ifix5, and RPT 8.2.0.1

2 answers

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered May 19 '11, 12:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Here are some ideas:

1) Make sure the shared location is still accessible by RQM. Go into your projects System Properties and select the shared location that has the RPT schedule, then click the "Test Connection" button to see if RQM can access the share. Typically RQM can only access the share if it is setup in such a way that will not require the user for which the RQM OS process is running as to supply a username/password. But if RQM says that it can access the share then that's not your issue.

2) Make sure the shared location defined in the RQM system properties maps to a RPT workspace folder, not to any project folder under that workspace. So if in RQM system properties the share is \\MyServer\RPTRemoteAssets\ that must be mapped to a workspace folder, such as C:\MyRemoteWorkspace. It shouldn't be mapped to a RPT project folder such as C:\MyRemoteWorkspace\RPT_Project1.

3) Make sure the path defined in your RQM script is still valid. Some times folks change the paths on their file share but don't reflect the change in their RQM script.

These links may also be useful:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rpthelp/v8r1m0/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.lt.doc/topics/trqmshared.html

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rpthelp/v8r1m0/topic/com.ibm.rational.test.lt.doc/topics/c_rpt_adapter.html ( Troubleshooting Section )

permanent link
Jirong Hu (1.5k9290258) | answered May 20 '11, 12:56 p.m.
Change to UNC path and point 2 solved my problem.

Thanks a lot for your helping.

Jirong

2) Make sure the shared location defined in the RQM system properties maps to a RPT workspace folder, not to any project folder under that workspace. So if in RQM system properties the share is \\MyServer\RPTRemoteAssets\ that must be mapped to a workspace folder, such as C:\MyRemoteWorkspace. It shouldn't be mapped to a RPT project folder such as C:\MyRemoteWorkspace\RPT_Project1.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.