It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS 9.5 - RQM - Requirement collection Links

Jörg Werner (3033781) | asked Sep 23 '14, 4:11 a.m.
Hello together,

I've a test installation with DOORS 9.5 and RQM 4.0.6.
It is possible to create links between test cases/test steps to DOORS Objects (requirements).
If I try to create a link to Requirement collections I get the error message:

The requirements operator does not support this operation.

What is necessary to support requirement collection?

Thanks, Joerg

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Sep 23 '14, 4:17 a.m.
Please check the integration is done correctly - https://jazz.net/library/article/1020
Once done, you can link requirements from DOORS with the Requirements view in a test plan or test case.
Jörg Werner selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Jörg Werner commented Sep 23 '14, 8:02 a.m.

Thanks. Linking single requirements was already possible. I had only problems with collections.

Solution is:

If you select Services for DOORS ERS Repository as the service provider, you will be able to add any module or view in the current DOORS server as requirement collection to Rational Quality Manager test plan and any requirements in the current DOORS server to Rational Quality Manager test case or test script.
After I added Services for DOORS ERS Repository everything works.

Cheers, Joerg

One other answer

permanent link
Georg Kellner (840378109) | answered Sep 23 '14, 4:48 a.m.
Hi Jörg,

the requirement collection links are meant to integrate a test plan with one or more requirement collections in DOORS, which are usually views.
So you can say "My testplan A covers the 100 requirements in DOORS module B selected by view C".
If you have created this collection links, you'll have additional functionality in DOORS, called "Run tracebility report" or similar.

greetings georg.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.