It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM integration with Insight 1.0.1.1?

Mikael Schonstrom (164) | asked May 17 '11, 8:28 a.m.
As I understand Rational Insight 1.0.1.1 will have support for the CLM release (RTC 3.0.1 etc). Thus on a testserver we have installed the latest CLM build, and installed Insight 1.0.1.1 RC2, and connected Insight to the CLM data warehouse (which appear to be the same, as the Insight datawarehouse?)
When installing the ETL catalogue I could not find any jobs refering to the CLM products, e.g. there was none called RRC and the latest RTC jobs I guess were in a folder called RTC 2.0.0.2.
It seems though that the Java ETLs that come with CLM do populate the data warehous without any problems and I created some ad hoc reports in Query Studio to verify that e.g. newly created defects in CLM were transferred successfully to the data warehous.
But I guess that in the future Insight 1.0.1.1. should ship with customizable Data Manager ETLs for CLM?
If so are new ETL catalogues planned for coming 1.0.1.1. milestones?

One answer

permanent link
Jeff McRae (2711) | answered May 18 '11, 9:29 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi

You are correct. The ETLs are being delivered with the CLM products, not with Insight. The data warehouse used with CLM, RRDI and Insight are all the same for the upcoming releases.

The format of the ETLs is java to allow a platform-independent solution since Data Manager has limited platform coverage.

Jeff

As I understand Rational Insight 1.0.1.1 will have support for the CLM release (RTC 3.0.1 etc). Thus on a testserver we have installed the latest CLM build, and installed Insight 1.0.1.1 RC2, and connected Insight to the CLM data warehouse (which appear to be the same, as the Insight datawarehouse?)
When installing the ETL catalogue I could not find any jobs refering to the CLM products, e.g. there was none called RRC and the latest RTC jobs I guess were in a folder called RTC 2.0.0.2.
It seems though that the Java ETLs that come with CLM do populate the data warehous without any problems and I created some ad hoc reports in Query Studio to verify that e.g. newly created defects in CLM were transferred successfully to the data warehous.
But I guess that in the future Insight 1.0.1.1. should ship with customizable Data Manager ETLs for CLM?
If so are new ETL catalogues planned for coming 1.0.1.1. milestones?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.