It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Which WebSphere Edition is needed for RTC HA Environment

Yosuke Morita (665) | asked May 17 '11, 12:58 a.m.
Hi,

We are using RTC V3.0, and considering High availability configuration per instruction described in http://jazz.net/library/article/207.

Do we have to purchase WebSphere for HA configuration or can use WebSphere bundled with RTC?

If we neeed to buy WebSphere, which edition is needed for HA configuraiton?
ie. Websphere base edtion, WebSphere Network Deployment, or Community Edition.

Thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
Sean G Wilbur (87222421) | answered May 21 '11, 7:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You license of RTC entitles you to access a standard WAS license if this is not available on your Passport Advantage site, contact your sales rep to get you access. Unless you intend to host other applications as well, you do not need another license.

The provided license is limited to only hosting RTC and entitles you to one active WAS instance and one passive WAS instance.

-Sean

permanent link
Guido Schneider (3.4k1491115) | answered Jun 18 '11, 7:15 a.m.
You license of RTC entitles you to access a standard WAS license if this is not available on your Passport Advantage site, contact your sales rep to get you access. Unless you intend to host other applications as well, you do not need another license.

The provided license is limited to only hosting RTC and entitles you to one active WAS instance and one passive WAS instance.

-Sean

Hi Sean,

I have found on my Passport following:

"IBM WebSphere Application Server V7 for Rational Team Concert V 2.0 Multiplatform Multilingual eAssembly(CR9PRML)"

I assume this is also valid for CLM 2011 (3.0.1)?

Thanks for confirmation

Guido

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.