It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Configurin RTC 3.0 from existing backups

Milan Krivic (98010172140) | asked May 13 '11, 10:56 a.m.
Hi,

In version RTC 2.x, If I wanted to retrieve db2 backup, I just issued command regarding restoring db2 backup to newly created JAZZ database, and after logging in everything worked well.

Now, I have a situation to completely remove db2 to another instance, uninstall and install again, and replace backup. When I replace backup for both databases, update teamserver.properties for both folders (jts and jazz-because I upgraded RTC 2.x to RTC 3.0), then start my jazz team server, first I got message about error in database that repoLockId is same, something like that, and after I reset repoLockId, and I login as Jazz Admin,
I get following message:
CRJAZ1135I Failed to find the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.compatibility.internal.IJtsConfigurationStateService" with a matching filter "(validJtsConfig=true)". Use the administrative UI to verify that the server and applications are configured correctly.

Are there any usefull steps about configuring RTC by replacing existing bakcup?

Thanks,
regards,

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 16 '11, 2:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Milan,

in http://jazz.net/library/article/547 we try to give some hint about the things to consider to do the backup and also in which sequence.

The repoLockID is, as far as I know, used to try to prevent running JTS and the Apps against the same database. Could there be an issue with the teamserver.properties?

Thanks,

Ralph

Hi,

In version RTC 2.x, If I wanted to retrieve db2 backup, I just issued command regarding restoring db2 backup to newly created JAZZ database, and after logging in everything worked well.

Now, I have a situation to completely remove db2 to another instance, uninstall and install again, and replace backup. When I replace backup for both databases, update teamserver.properties for both folders (jts and jazz-because I upgraded RTC 2.x to RTC 3.0), then start my jazz team server, first I got message about error in database that repoLockId is same, something like that, and after I reset repoLockId, and I login as Jazz Admin,
I get following message:
CRJAZ1135I Failed to find the service "com.ibm.team.repository.service.compatibility.internal.IJtsConfigurationStateService" with a matching filter "(validJtsConfig=true)". Use the administrative UI to verify that the server and applications are configured correctly.

Thanks,
regards,

permanent link
Milan Krivic (98010172140) | answered May 17 '11, 3:12 a.m.
Hi Milan,

in http://jazz.net/library/article/547 we try to give some hint about the things to consider to do the backup and also in which sequence.

The repoLockID is, as far as I know, used to try to prevent running JTS and the Apps against the same database. Could there be an issue with the teamserver.properties?

Thanks,

Ralph

Hi,

I get following message:

Thanks,
regards,

Hi rschoon,

I succeeded to enable RTC 3.0 from existing backup. So I installed JTS 3.0 again (assuming that I was changing server machine), I run migrating config files, then I run setup server again to register necessary applications.

Everything finished up with no errors.

Thanks for article,

Regards,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.