It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Blocking defect listed for new execution. Is it possible?

Robert Stephenson (81128) | asked May 06 '11, 3:16 p.m.
We have a continuous test environment where the same tests are executed on new builds regardless of whether a failing defect is fixed or not. I want to show that a defect that fails or blocks a test on build "A" will continue to fail/block that test on build "B", "C", etc...

Is there a way to have the defect "carried forward" or "pre-popluated" when I create a new TER result for the follow-on builds?

If this is not possible, what are my options? Manually associating the defect or...?!?!?

rns

2 answers

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered May 09 '11, 5:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We have a continuous test environment where the same tests are executed on new builds regardless of whether a failing defect is fixed or not. I want to show that a defect that fails or blocks a test on build "A" will continue to fail/block that test on build "B", "C", etc...

Is there a way to have the defect "carried forward" or "pre-popluated" when I create a new TER result for the follow-on builds?

If this is not possible, what are my options? Manually associating the defect or...?!?!?

rns

There isn't a way for the defects from one result to be added to new results, however when you view a result there should be a "related defects" section over on the right hand side. That should show all the defects for results that were created by the same Test Case Execution Record. So in your case, the related defects section for results from build "B", "C"... will show any defects that were created for results from build "A". At least those defects from the results of build A that have the same Test Case or TER of the results you are viewing from builds "B", "C"...

permanent link
Robert Stephenson (81128) | answered May 10 '11, 1:53 p.m.

rns

There isn't a way for the defects from one result to be added to new results, however when you view a result there should be a "related defects" section over on the right hand side. That should show all the defects for results that were created by the same Test Case Execution Record. So in your case, the related defects section for results from build "B", "C"... will show any defects that were created for results from build "A". At least those defects from the results of build A that have the same Test Case or TER of the results you are viewing from builds "B", "C"...

That would let me view what is there before but doesn't help on reports. We'll have to come up with a "tool" to allow us to do what we want.

rns

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.