It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

possible to consume RTC cookies? what info stored?

Jorge Diaz (8664434) | asked Apr 27 '11, 3:53 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

a customer would like to develop a web application that communicates with RTC (updates information), using OSLC calls. When redirecting in the browser from RTC to the second application we would like to catch context information from current operation in RTC (i.e., current WI open), and trying to do so without extending RTC.

Is there any information in the RTC cookies that could be used for that purpose? What kind of info is stored in that cookies?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Jorge.

2 answers

permanent link
Curtis d'Entremont (1.3k3) | answered Apr 27 '11, 3:27 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't think there will be much useful data in the cookies - they're used mostly for just authentication and session tracking. We try to keep them to a minimum because they are costly (sent for every request).

Some ideas..

- Tack on a URL parameter on the links so that the information is contained in the URL.
- Check the HTTP Referrer header of the initial GET request, which I believe most modern browsers send. It contains the URL of the page that linked to the one you're requesting.
- Create backlinks from the other app to the RTC artifacts?

permanent link
Jorge Diaz (8664434) | answered Apr 27 '11, 5:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks a lot for the information and the tips Curtis.

We'll study these options in detail but at first glance I see easier:

- We can try to build a default value script for an attribute to build this url
- Check the referrer header as you mentioned.

Thanks!

Regards,

Jorge.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.